Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pikie Bay
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well made it out on a nice calm lake today:) I really didnt see a 2'er all day! Waves were a foot max! Great for an 18' boat!

Went at a 330 degree heading 3.5 miles out from the lighthouse in 52 FOW. fished there for a bit with only a white bass and a white perch.

Headed 1/2 mile South in 49 FOW and fishinful and I banged 60 in 2 1/2 hours :D MIxed with Jumbos.

Trolled spoons behind jets on the way back in..Zip.

Hit the walls for Small mouth and caught some MONSTER sheeps and two scrappy smallmouth.

All in all a great day for my first trip to Erie this year.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
What, no smelt??? :eek: :D :D

Nice job on the fish. I wish I could have gone fishing today. WHEW. Work has me running. Good thing tomorrow's Friday.

·
Time to fish!
4,985 Posts
WOW WHAT A GREAT DAY ON THE WATER
i cant think of another thing i would have done today ......perch were slow at first then picked up funny thing was that after a bit mark threw a perch into the livewell and said "mabey we should count them" i know we need to get a clicker :( well i started counting 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 :eek: ohhhhhh crap 600 buck fine 6 were released to fight another day ........mark also forgot to mention while we were fishing for eyes that we cranked them up and he had a 12 in sheep on god knows how long we were draging that ;) ..........the smallmouth were nice and i dont care what anyone says a 8 or 9 lb sheephead on 4-1 fireline is a blast (fish ohio ).........we found some nice water to fish and about a mile of rock walls to fish that drop off into 15 foot of water great smallie water........got surveyed by the odnr at the dock on the way in that was a first it is nice to see someone from the odnr want to know something other than "can i see your license" ;) ........next up west branch fri...........jim :D

·
Pikie Bay
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Smelt Carl will have to wait till December for those;)

Shawn...I dont think that feat will ever be duplicated again!

Thanks to KSUFLASH and exexexex for the lake info.

Off to WB tonight for some evening Crappie....This time I will have batteries for the camera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts