Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for smallmouth on 6/10 off of Perry. Did good drifting in 20-10 feet of water on tube jigs and jigging spoons. Caught lots of 12-15 inch fish seemed like more than in years past, i think the closed bass season is helping out i think the future looks reel good for erie smallmouths. Also surprisingly picked up two walleye on jigging spoons one in 20 fow other in 13 fow wish i would have brought the walleye gear along.

Anyways can someone explain the "Line" system to me. I have fished the lake my whole life and always have heard guys refer to lines. But have never had a clue what they are talking about. I know they are referring to LAT/LONG. Is their a map online somewhere that shows the grids? Thanks for any input.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe your "line" is your drift. A line shows on your gps track and if you are catching fish you go back and drift the same "line" again. Pretty sure I am right.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
You have the right idea. To help you visualize, go to the Lake Erie Links above this forum, click on Free maps, and open the central basin GPS map.

It's a map of an area with GPS coordinates overlayed. The grid is lat/longitude lines. When people say "fished the 15 line".......you can find the 15 line on the map. With a GPS unit, you can navigate to the 15 line to fish the same area.

Hope this helps. If not, ask more questions and someone else will chime in to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts