close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fairport Report 10/02/05

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by jetdrivr, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Headed out of Fairport this morning at daybreak for some steelie action. Spent about 4 hours casting and trolling the wall and the lake near the breakwall. Finally hooked up trolling about 10:00 AM. Never got the fish to the boat...3 jumps and he spit the hook. He took a silver and blue little cleo on the surface. Oh well, it was still worth it. It was unbelievably calm out there today. We need some more cool weather and rain. 81 degrees in September is nice, but I'm ready for some Autumn weather.

2. Jetdrivr, what was the water clarity like around the breakwall?

3. The water wasn't that bad...It was much worse on wednesday before the big storms. There was a definite mudline on wednesday flowing out of the river. Yesterday it was all very green. I could probably see my little cleo down to about 3 feet (maybe) with polarized glasses. Hope that helps.

4. Green is good! Its only gonna get better. Thanks for the report and the details you gave. I may hit it this weekend. Will post results...

5. ddd

ddd

Can anyone tell me how deep to fish spoons out there.

6. What I like to do is start with a 7-9 drop count and start retrieving. Give that a few tries and if I'm getting nothing, I'll try from a 2-3 drop count 12-15 drop count. Hell, I've let it sit on the bottom and then started to retrieve. You just never know where the fish may be in the water column but my standard is usually a 7-9 drop count. Hope that helps.

By the way, the weather looks pretty bad for this weekend and the long wall. I may hit the Grand or Chagrin but I should probably stay home and get some work done. I'm not as lucky to get fish everytime I go out like Archman. I'll wait, like everyone else, for them to get into the river more. Should only be a few more weeks...

Good luck!

7. Pymybob, not sure what you're talking about. I'm not the one catching all these fish this fall. From reading some of these posts, it looks like there's plenty of fish in the rivers already!!!