Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water a little late. 9:30 Shot north of the light house into 52-54FOW. Three of us put 90 in the boat in 2.5 hr. All above 8" most above 10". Several 12-13"

Water was a little ruff on the way out maybe 3-4' out of the east. Lake laid down to 2's. On the return trip.:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dirt- Plannin' on going Sunday, too...anythng special to the bite, or on the bottom? Gonna try out my new Sonar GPS Fishfinder....Eagle Cuda 350 to be exact!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Babs,
Half emerald shiners on a vertical perch rig. Red beads (don't think those hungy little buggers care) Tight to the Bottom. Look for the hits on the down side of the swells. 1oz of weight.

I'd love a new GPS/Sonar. Maybe next year. I use a contour map. Garmen Gps handheld and a old humming bird sonar. And a lot of looks good to me.

Good luck. I'm going to try for sunday sometime.

Jim
25' wellcraft
ch68 Fin-addic:B

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure. I think the wearer will keep people in. Showers and t-storms. Sunday.

Im going to try for afternoon sunday

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Going to give it a try tomorrow also,may be aboard the Playing Hooky 1 with the new owner. He just bought it so we need to get it wet. Does the bait shop have shiners? Looks like the T-storms are for later in the day Sunday and hope to be done by then.What perch fest? Know of one the 24th. out of Cleveland but is there one in that area Sunday?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well how did eveybody do. Weather was good. Fished about the same spot Did ok. Got 32. Wife and 14week old daughter went with me. Wife got a double then daughter got fussy. So I worked hard and quick for my 30. Then called it a afternoon.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Well how did eveybody do. Weather was good. Fished about the same spot Did ok. Got 32. Wife and 14week old daughter went with me. Wife got a double then daughter got fussy. So I worked hard and quick for my 30. Then called it a afternoon.
horrible!!! moved 3-4 times outside the pack, lots of thick marks, just werent biting...got 13 keepers between 9 1/2-12'' (1 13''+ jumbo)thru back a few dozen 6'' to 9''...i think alot of people who limit in 2 hrs keep 7-9'' fish...checked a few coolers out at the ramps and just had to laugh...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts