Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my house friday morning at 4:00am headed to fairport grinning because i had those waypoints from last sunday on my fishfinder and knew it was going to be a great day if we could avoid bad weather well we avoided the bad weather but my waypoints were junk!! Trolled all around them nothing decided to head north nothing!! When i say nothing i mean nothing no white bass, sheephead,perch or white perch and walleye! Finally picked a couple up just on the northside of the hump in 45fow one on reef runner other on a bottom bouncer. We beat that area up for hours no more takers! At 4:30pm I asked my buddy if he wanted to try for smallies he was ready for any kind of change so we moved in to 13-20 fow ran husky jerks and shad raps and we caught all kinds of fish 8 smallies,plus lost at least as many as we landed a bunch of farm animals and believe it or not 8 decent walleye 19-25 inches we tried till dark to pick up the other 2 just didn't happen!! Then we ran into a heck of a mess fairport was having their fireworks display last night! We got to the truck at 9:45pm never got to rt 2 till 10:50pm yes i was too tired to post last night!!! Goose

·
5,997 Posts
Sorry to hear lil' goose! But reports are about all the same. Seems these storms and mud have driven them out and deeper. Can't believe the change that happened in just a few days time.

I left my house friday morning at 4:00am headed to fairport grinning because i had those waypoints from last sunday on my fishfinder and knew it was going to be a great day if we could avoid bad weather well we avoided the bad weather but my waypoints were junk!! Trolled all around them nothing decided to head north nothing!! When i say nothing i mean nothing no white bass, sheephead,perch or white perch and walleye! Finally picked a couple up just on the northside of the hump in 45fow one on reef runner other on a bottom bouncer. We beat that area up for hours no more takers! At 4:30pm I asked my buddy if he wanted to try for smallies he was ready for any kind of change so we moved in to 13-20 fow ran husky jerks and shad raps and we caught all kinds of fish 8 smallies,plus lost at least as many as we landed a bunch of farm animals and believe it or not 8 decent walleye 19-25 inches we tried till dark to pick up the other 2 just didn't happen!! Then we ran into a heck of a mess fairport was having their fireworks display last night! We got to the truck at 9:45pm never got to rt 2 till 10:50pm yes i was too tired to post last night!!! Goose

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I almost forgot last wek when we did good the water temp was 75 degrees friday it was 65 degrees. I think that kind of temperature change could have a lot to do with it!!

·
beagleboss
158 Posts
I did the same thing as lilgoose on friday except go in that shallow. Had the same identical results. I also cannot believe that bad weather moved those fish. We were doing very good north of the hump trolling west/northwest in the 45'-50' range. Someone posted in Cleveland getting limits in 12-20'. I've seen this up north in canada but not here. Any good info would be appreciated. I'll post too. Going out next Sat and Sun.

·
redeye
785 Posts
fished sunday 4:30 to 8:30 from 32 to 51 ft.. dipseys and spoons/harnesses, boards and spoons,harnesses/rr's. trolled every direction from .5 to 3.5 mph.. ended with 1 walleye , 3 white bass, and 1 yellow perch. Marked TONS of fish big and small from 15' to the bottom. most up top. Could not get them going. Met 2 guys at launch who were out all day and only had 5 walleye. They are still there but not biting for some reason. Beautiful day on the water though.:T

·
Registered
575 Posts
I can't speak about the walleye, but we found the perch and white bass in 40' to 42 fow on Sunday morning. Went out around 9 am from Fairport to find huge "2 foot waves" with white caps. Fought our way out to the pack in 50 - 52 fow north and a bit west of the river mouth and only caught 1 perch after about 1 hour. Then we moved west and found the white bass. We hooked and landed a dozen or so while resetting the boat a couple times because the anchor didn't hold. Finally got on the perch and took home almost 2 tickets. Only kept the larger ones. Size was good - had several fish almost 13". Missed FOs by 1/4" on 3 or 4 of 'em. We pulled out of the water by 1:15 pm to avoid the Mardi Gras nonsense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.