Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished heavy the last few days between Fairport and Lagoons, this is what I learned:
Fish marked heavy at all levels and even though I caught some at all levels the most productive was deep divers, and diving shads targeting fish suspended 8 to 10 feet down. Caught fish as shallow as 25 FOW and as deep as 56 FOW. Most productive 42-52. Purple and blue colors seemed good but most colors worked. Also used stingers with worms. Those seemed best deeper down, 20ish ft down. Hopes this helps anyone thinking of heading out. Was a hot last few days.

·
Retired
400 Posts
Fished heavy the last few days between Fairport and Lagoons, this is what I learned:
Fish marked heavy at all levels and even though I caught some at all levels the most productive was deep divers, and diving shads targeting fish suspended 8 to 10 feet down. Caught fish as shallow as 25 FOW and as deep as 56 FOW. Most productive 42-52. Purple and blue colors seemed good but most colors worked. Also used stingers with worms. Those seemed best deeper down, 20ish ft down. Hopes this helps anyone thinking of heading out. Was a hot last few days.
How were the bugs? Thinking of going out Friday through Sunday.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was out of Fairport yesterday from just before 8 until about 4. Saw what looked like black ants with wings dead in the water but not thousands of them. No other "bugs" except for those annoying biting black flies. They were everywhere!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was out Wednesday evening for about 3 1/2 hours and we landed 15 and lost a few more. Bandits 17’ to 22’ back seemed best. Trolling right around 2.0 mph in, or near, 55 fow off the Rayon. We weren’t seeing much in the screen...not walleye anyway. At most, I saw 6 hooks that looked like walleye. When you’re catching walleye in the top 10’ of the water column it’s hard to get them on the sonar. The cone is very narrow at that point and they get spooked by the boat easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was out Wednesday evening for about 3 1/2 hours and we landed 15 and lost a few more. Bandits 17’ to 22’ back seemed best. Trolling right around 2.0 mph in, or near, 55 fow off the Rayon. We weren’t seeing much in the screen...not walleye anyway. At most, I saw 6 hooks that looked like walleye. When you’re catching walleye in the top 10’ of the water column it’s hard to get them on the sonar. The cone is very narrow at that point and they get spooked by the boat easily.
Very well said. Seeing the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts