close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fairport Harbor...

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by pymybob, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Just throwing this out there. If anyone wants to hook up on either the short or long pier this year, let's get together. Its always a fun time around the end of Sept./beginning of Oct on the pier.

I like to go a couple of time before hitting the rivers full time. Something about "chucking spoons" that I love.

I'd be driving up from Akron, so I usually leave around 5:00 - 5:15 a.m. to get there before sunrise. If anyones interested, let me know...

2. I'm planning on going Sunday the 19th if you want to meet up. I have only fished the short wall once but am going to try the long wall. I'm going to keep an eye on things and if there are no good reports I may just stay in Lakeside and perch fish again on Sunday, I'm going out on Saturday with a guy. I would like to get into some steelies so hopefully there will be a few in there by then.

3. Have to see how the weather will be. It may be a little early yet but if we get some more rain & cooler temps, you may begin seeing some then. I'll may start calling around for some reports.

I have caught them there as early as Labor Day, so you may be in luck. I'll let you know.

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

sounds good to me pymybob. i am in akron as well. when we hear of some reports, i am game!!!!

flash---------------------------------------out

5. Sounds like a plan! The minute I hear something, I'll let you know....

6. Hi all

My girl and I fished a portion of the breakwall Saturday late afternoon, 9/11. We had bites from little white bass (only slightly larger than the lures!), on both little cleos and mepps #3's, but that's about it. I'm a cherry steelhead angler, so I thought I'd see if the early rains would draw them in to the shallows. No luck. We sniffed around the short pier too, but people were only cathcing little WBs. I also saw a bird with a big topwater lure stuck in its beak. I know this happens, but watch your casts!

Best,
    JM