Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making the drive up tomorrow and was wondering if anybody was having any luck with the perch off Fairport Harbor. If so, what depth are you fishing? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A friend of mine was out Thurs and got 118 (4 people) in 26' of water. He said probably 1/3 of them were over 9". Good Luck

·
no boat
603 Posts
We were on the pier fishing for about 3 hours and didnt see one perch pulled in. I got two freshwater drum and everyone we spoke to heading in from the end said that's all they got all day with a few dink white bass, one dude was convinced the same drum was circling the pier and he caught it like 15 times lol...
The guy at Steve's bait where we got minnows ($1.75 a dozen I bought three and I bet we got 12 dozen, just fyi) said they were doing good on the perch in the a.m. but thats not the story we got from the peeps out on the pier that told us it was dead all day, just an another fyi.
I know thats not headin out on the boat fishing but thats the evening we had if it helps you any. Good luck to you and please post a follow up so we know how your trip was, the perch reports been few and far between it seems.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I know this may help a little but mostly everyone was limiting out on perch just outside the mouth of the river breakwall on the west side, right on the mud bar. I know there is usually perch on the hump near the mentor lagoons area. But after we got limits last thursday we got lots of perch outside the mouth, most in the 9-10" range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts