Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call Saturday night from Dixie Chicken and Wrong Way, a well known local TV celebrity, to make the trip up to Fairport for a good AM walleye bite. Met them and their pal Tony from the FHRRA and headed out around 5AM. Sunrise was great.

As we approached the mouth of the Grand, we noticed how that forecast of 1-3 footers was SPOT ON. NOT!!! There were 1-3's, but they were in between the 5's and 7's...

Dipseys and big spoons were the ticket today and we managed a 4 man limit, finishing at 2PM. Three of the fish were real pigs, between 26 and 29 inches. Fat too!

Tony was getting sick from the rockin and rollin, so we dropped him off at the ramp. I hope you feel better. Those waves were no fun, but fishing with you was.

We finished up around 2 or so. Great time guys, as usual. And now, the freezer is full once again. Fishing with these two is always fun and a barrel of laughs. With shirts like those, what else could we have but a great time!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nikon COOLPIX L-3

Nice camera for the $$$... Should be able to find one for $120 or less...

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
Carl is alot of fun but man can he eat & drink! If you ever get stuck on a boat with him make sure you keep an eye on your cooler. LOL!

The program was and has been since last Friday (as far as I know)
GPS start at 48/19 36 - 40 FOW. This is about 5 -10 Min. from the State Launch in Fairport. So in good water small boats can get to them. Perch were also being caught just north of these numbers. Not many Jumbos but some were getting limits.

Walley Program. All big Spoons
Big Dipsey 3 1/2 setting 107 back Emerald Shiner gold back. Both days never changed.
Big Dipsey 2 setting 35, 55, 65 back it changed thru the day. Hammered Perch Copper and Chicken Wing.
Big Dipsey 1 and 0 setting 35 - 40 back (it changed also) Ray's Detroit Tiger.
We tried Big & Little boards on Sat. one or two on the Big Boards. Dipsey's out performed so on Sunday we stuck with them. Plus it was crazy rough.
On Saturday we left this area looking for Steel and went 0 for 3 in 59 -62 FOW. We were about 2 miles East of the mouth sorry forget the numbers.
Saturday Big spoons again Emerald Shiner, Superman and Hammered Perch.

Hope this helps.
DC

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Larger spoons, for sure.

Hammered perch, silverback, Ray's Detroit Tiger... and chicken wing all caught fish.

Dipseys, #3 1/2, 107 back, #2, 55 back, #0 35 back...

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there an echo in here?

The neat thing on the boat was Dan's magic cupholders... Everytime my beverage was empty, a new, cold, full one would replace it. MAGIC!

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
Great Catch guys, bet it felt great to feel some pull from a real Gator :B

Sounds like a great trip, can't wait to get some of them hogs out east myself.

Thanks for the detailed report, good stuff fellas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts