Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just posted this on another thread, but:

We went out Sunday morning 14 miles Northeast out of the harbor off Perry. Started in 70-72', then moved to 74'. Both spots were the same result. Small pods of fish (not big schools) and you could get a few fish here and there. We used only spoons on jet divers and dipsy divers. Nascar stinger spoon worked best.

Went out again Tuesday evening due north of harbor in 68-70'. This time, we brought meat. Much bigger schools of fish all near the bottom in 60+. We fished big dispys and jumbo jet divers way back (150+) with combination of spoons and meat at 1.7-2.2. The harnesses caught nothing, despite what I have been reading. Maybe we were using the wrong color combo. Spoons were moderately successful, with nascar again being best. Lots of big white bass, too. Got one fat perch after another on blueberry muffin stinger spoon.

We will try again this weekend. First One's Out on Ch. 68. Let us know if you have any luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thks 1st 1 out. Didn't go out today. Mybe tomorrow and for sure on sun. Waves are 2-4 on Sat. I'll go straight out from chagrin to 65 and go to 70fow. Let you people know what happens. I think it's a little sad not too many people report on this area for eyes. Happy Fishing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We will be out Sunday morning as well. Usually try to wet our first lines no later than 5 or 6am (First One's Out, get it? LOL) I will have my ears on Ch. 68 and we can share some info. We are planning to go straight north of Fairport to 68-70 and go from there. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts