Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AKA Rubber Duck on the water
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went straight up 15 line to 75 FOW.

8/21 Two man ticket with a steelhead and two throw backs pulling in rods.

8/22 three man ticket with one throw back pulling in rods. One steelhead in cooler and three lost steelhead.

Shallow cranks on dipseys worked best targetimg 50 foot and lower. Spoons did OK but not what cranks did. Some on radio claimed all spoons but I believe they were out in 78'.

Seemed to be in pockets so if you get a decent line with 3 or 4 hookups I recommend going back up and doing that line again.

Attachments

·
Thundergut- Starweld Fusion 20, the “Timber Jane”.
176 Posts
Nice job, Erik. We got our 18 again this morning out of Fairport, along with a nice steelhead. Fish were a bit smaller than Friday. We ended up NE of Perry in 75 FOW. In hindsight, I would have set up further North. The pick was slower today (life sucks, then you still get your fish, but a little slower, right?). Dipseys on a 3 at 180’ and 190, on a 1 at 140 and 148’ riggers pulled 6 from 72-74’ down. Pink alewife and bumble bee Were the best spoons. Ripplin Redfins in perch and purple/Chartreuse on the riggers. Love our lake.

·
Registered
578 Posts

8/22 three man ticket with one throw back pulling in rods. One steelhead in cooler and three lost steelhead.

Shallow cranks on dipseys worked best targetimg 50 foot and lower. Spoons did OK but not what cranks did. Some on radio claimed all spoons but I believe they were out in 78'.

Seemed to be in pockets so if you get a decent line with 3 or 4 hookups I recommend going back up and doing that line again.
Nice job! What kind of trees to you have there?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Erik, nice report.
Did the same last wednesday, Saturday and today. Nice limits each time out in 75'. Switched over to all cranks each day.
Nice boat, was that yours parked behind the gate house at Fairport today?

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts

Great work. It could just be the angle of the second “steelhead” pic but I am fairly sure you caught yourself a chinook there. See the black mouth on that fish.
Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great work. It could just be the angle of the second “steelhead” pic but I am fairly sure you caught yourself a chinook there. See the black mouth on that fish.
Very cool.

Hmmm. That would be cool...

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Erik, nice report.
Did the same last wednesday, Saturday and today. Nice limits each time out in 75'. Switched over to all cranks each day.
Nice boat, was that yours parked behind the gate house at Fairport today?
No i trailer up, I was parked by gate house strapping up though.

Attachments

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice job, Erik. We got our 18 again this morning out of Fairport, along with a nice steelhead. Fish were a bit smaller than Friday. We ended up NE of Perry in 75 FOW. In hindsight, I would have set up further North. The pick was slower today (life sucks, then you still get your fish, but a little slower, right?). Dipseys on a 3 at 180’ and 190, on a 1 at 140 and 148’ riggers pulled 6 from 72-74’ down. Pink alewife and bumble bee Were the best spoons. Ripplin Redfins in perch and purple/Chartreuse on the riggers. Love our lake.
Me too I startet north Friday and eneded up to far east coming back. Went more west Saturday and ended up directly in front of stacks much better. Just wish I had gone a bit further north to start... debating on going to Geneva next time but I really enjoy catching the steelhead and there are alot of them out of fairport.

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts
On second look it’s 100% a chinook. See that slime dripping off his tail and blowing in the breeze and that sharp pelvic fin....it’s a tell tale sign of a king. Slimy buggers.
Congrats!

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On second look it’s 100% a chinook. See that slime dripping off his tail and blowing in the breeze and that sharp pelvic fin....it’s a tell tale sign of a king. Slimy buggers.
Congrats!

It was unbelievably slimy....

·
Registered
492 Posts

Good fishing guys we were in that area Friday in 78 ft had a ball

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,146 Posts
When you say the 15 line, are you talking about your west line? Cause I think 15 north (of Fairport?) is canada or darn near it.

Yep,,,,,I think your right.
According to GOOGLE EARTH, 42.15 is only 'FISHABLE', if your dead N of BULA!
Even then,,, you better be holding the correct papers,,,,,,,
Just a touch too far West, & you'll need a different flag on your boat. ;>)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts