Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I went out of Fairport last night at 5:30. 330 heading. Murky water started to break at around 45 FOW. First fish before the second line went in. Ended up with two limits in 2.5 hours. Most luck in the 55-65 depth. Smaller stinger spoons worked best for us. Dipsies settings 1 @ 85-90 and 3.5 @ 95-110. I think we caught most fish about 35-40 feet down. Waves were 1 foot or less. Great trip.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My son and I went out of Fairport last night at 5:30. 330 heading. Murky water started to break at around 45 FOW. First fish before the second line went in. Ended up with two limits in 2.5 hours. Most luck in the 55-65 depth. Smaller stinger spoons worked best for us. Dipsies settings 1 @ 85-90 and 3.5 @ 95-110. I think we caught most fish about 35-40 feet down. Waves were 1 foot or less. Great trip.
Nice report, I've been going out of chagrin and head northeast to 58 - 60ft. Been getting them on larger stinger spoons with quick limits last week. went out yesterday and it took 2 to 3 hrs. to finish. Going out this weekend and trying the smaller spoons. Good luck to all you fathers out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only had 1, 14 inch throwback, and the rest were 22-25 inches. No perch, but I was marking many fish in the 10-20 foot depth. Kinda threw us off because we spent some time fishing for them without any luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We’ve still been fishing first ten feet of water column out of Fairport with success. Someone told me the LAke turned over this week though and the fish are moving deeper. I might have to adjust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts