close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fair nite on the river

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by dip, Jul 29, 2005.

1. dip

dip dip

me and gee-whiz caught the same fizish..... at the same time! i hadda palm size bloogill and gee hadda chunk'o'shad and both of our hooks were in his yap! in fact since my line was wrapped round a snag we were fighting each other more than the 8# flat. i also got two 25# flats. :D

2. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

since I was typin on up anyway. writer deserves the right to have half the story off a degree or two because of missing brain cells.

Dip had last night a 25.4 male with a gigantic head, and a 25.5 pretty gal. Also a fat 8# channel and a few others I think. Myself I landed a 11 # flat, a drum and half an 8 lb flat. I say half cuz it was snagged up and when I was pulling it was comming out of the water but something was pulling the other way. Turns out Dip had the same fish hooked in the same corner of the mouth only his line was around a snag and was pulling against me which lifted the fish out of the water. So, we caught a fish together I suppose. Also, one of the channels dip caught had one of my gammy circle hook in opposite corner of it's mouth. this fish hammered my gill and got me snagged up then shortly after went and ate dips shad.

that is my version

3. BuckeyeTom

BuckeyeTom Muskie and Catfish

throw in some pics next time,lol. Bill, If there is one thing that I've learned fishing with the Dipster... Your wrong / He's right,lol. Good to hear your catching some cats!

4. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

Aint no fair ya'll tag teaming them fishes like that! You should be ashamed! ;)

5. bill_gfish

I have the pics of the two 25's but they are on film still. when the film is used up I will post them. Didn't even think to get the pick of the tag teamed fish. even when you know you are right, you are still wrong! hmmm

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds like alot of fun indeed, cant wait to see those pictures..Bill you need to skunk dip next time, he is not a nice person.

7. bill_gfish

I skunked him once on the river and he was grumpy the whole night and next morning. sometimes I pretend to put bait on and cast an empty hook just so I don't out fish him. And I always cut him the prime hunk-o-bait.

Just foolin, after his 2nd 25 he felt sorry for me and kept telling me "come on and catch one wilbur" I don't care about size of fish really, numbers of nice ones is better for me. neither happened this time but as a team we did really well.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

forgot to ask, did the 2-25's come on shadz, or bloogill?

9. bill_gfish

I may be off on this but I think one was on gill and one on cut shad. if dip would chime in he could set it straight as my details are foggy.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

The ole empty hook thing huh? I thought I was the only one that did that. I usually feel sorry for Jack & know that hes a little older than I am , so I dont want for him to have to slie down the rock cliff & take a chance on getting hurt, so I sort of "Take One For The Team" & sit back & watch him have all the fun.