close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ez loader trailer

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Danshady, Aug 24, 2007.

1. so my buddies custom skeeter ez loader trailer took a dump on him this week breaking a leaf spring falling apart and pretty much demolishing the whole trailer and some of the skeeter. the insurance adjuster is still trying to come look at it to evaluate it, which everybody else believes its totaled. the thing is, you cannot order another ez loader trailer from the company, it has to be ordered through a dealer, and of course with a mark up!!! so i just thought i would throw it out on here to see if anyone else has ever tried to replace a trailer for a bass boat..or how one could avoid the mark up from a dealer when ordering another trailer. seems like the one he had was gonna bring him about 1500-2000 as to where he was quoted from some dealers about 2000-3000. so hes gonna have to come out of pocket to replace this trailer especially after paying the deductible"ahem" "insurance frauds" ahem "thieves" haha

2. How is making money a rip-off? Businesses are supposed to make a profit, thats how they stay in business, pay salaries and provide benefits to employees who buy goods and services. If you feel their price is out of line, go somewhere else, That's how it works! (No, I don't own my own business)
    If the insurance is no good, go to another company.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't think some folks "get it".

3. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

The insurance company will only repair or reimburse up to the amount he had the trailer insured for. Same with the boat.

As for your assumptions about buying from a dealer... You don't work for free, why would you think it's OK to ask someone else to?

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

thats why i carry enough for more than total replacement. boat, trailer, electronics and all gear:D if its damaged beyond repair...no questions, it's paid for

im not sure i would replace a defective trailer with another from the same company anyway???

5. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Don't you own a EZ-Loader too?? :p :D

6. im just confused why you cant order your own custom made trailers from the company yourself, with no middle man or the mark up.

7. yea that is the way to go..not sure what he had as far as the insurance goes, didnt wanna ask too many personal questions, i just knew he was gonna have to come out of pocket pretty deep from the sounds of it. if i ever upgrade from the aluminum jon, im def. gonna keep this in mind!!!!!

8. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

nope, i have a tee-nee under my sylvan and what ever trophy delivers the boat from the factory on, somebody painted over the manufactures plate...but i know its not an ezloader, unless im doing it wrong.hehehehahaha!!