Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cleveland
fished last nigh 5pm to 11pmt,0 fish,seaguls were bombing the water up to 1/2 mile off the shore picking shad. 1000 cormorant fly east.5 boats out,waves 1' less,20 people fishing 0 fish.last week people start catching eyes.milions shad swiming by.did not see any minows.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Fished yesterday morning (Sunday) and you aren’t kidding about the shad! They are so thick in all the marinas and Gordon park. Did manage a few smallies though.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
cleveland
last night i got 3 eyes, HJ#14 silver /blue/chartreuse bely,40' to 60' from rocks,slow reel and stop every 5 turns on reel.
5 boats troling,waves 1' les,visibility 2'.one was close to 30"and i had to flip her on the rock 10' high,my net was 100 yards from me.
i hazitate but it went with no problem.
IMG_0073.JPG

bigest was only 27".

·
Registered
214 Posts
cleveland
last night i got 3 eyes, HJ#14 silver /blue/chartreuse bely,40' to 60' from rocks,slow reel and stop every 5 turns on reel.
5 boats troling,waves 1' les,visibility 2'.one was close to 30"and i had to flip her on the rock 10' high,my net was 100 yards from me.
i hazitate but it went with no problem. View attachment 468878 View attachment 468878
bigest was only 27".
THAT MIDDLE ONE LOOKS FULL OF EGGS.?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cleveland
last night i got 1 eye 24",50 people fishing 5 fish come out off water waves 1' les,5 boats troling ,HJ#14 silver/blue/chartreuse bely.
i mis 3 ,light taps and i set the hook no fish,next time i had light tap i wait 1 second and set hook,fish was on.i did the same think next time no fish.
when you catch fish,then you are stuck on the same lure,i have to overide that rule.
plan,change lure every 20 minutes,only if you catch 2 fish you can extend the same lure 20 minutes.
moust important is time.
they come like clock 930pm,1030pm,1130pm.
people are f$king pigs,they leave the piza carbord box,cups and cans.lures packiges empty.
ODNR should hire people for spoting scope and when you liter you should be find $1000 ,that money would pay for spoting scope people.

·
Johnny tsunami
3,439 Posts
Guy frome work just texted me said his cousin hooked int 8 Friday night casting and 6 yesterday. They are picking up good it sounds like

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cleveland
fished lat night,
sholder to sholder,only 3 fish come out,i had 1, the eyes were not there or they were negative,tons off minows everywhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those arent minnows so everybody knows. They're walleye fry. And the HJ14 shallow green glass is lure. Tight lines!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I fished edgewater last night and those were definitely minnows. Anybody that wants to put some in the freezer should go down there with a cast net. They were loaded in marina,at boat launch and all the way down the rocks from the end to the pier

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, the emerald shiners are at in at the ramps. The walleye fry are between 55th and 72nd. There are shad mixed in with them. It was a carpet of little shiny eyes the size of a football field or larger. They are about 2 inches and there eyes are more oriented towards the top. The walleye are feeding on them like whale sharks. Or at least the ones i observed. They lazily swim thru em. Take a couple gulps and swim off the flat and sink down. At least last night. Just tryin to help the rock hounds out. I may take cast net and take a pic for the proof later or maybe not. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
With the amount of fish in the lake plus the amount of spawned out females posted up the last few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if there's walleye fry out swimming about.
It does surprise me they would be suspended out in open water but I don't know to much about the life of a walleye fry so really don't know. Maybe because it was dark. Lol but it sounds like they was trying to commit suicide swimming in open water along with shad during momma an Poppa's feeding times😂😂

·
Registered
86 Posts
Caught one last night. Saw a few others with one or two also. Pretty windy. Going to hit it again tonight

1 - 20 of 62 Posts