Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
c-ya on the water
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to E72nd st tonight looking for the nite bite it was packed people everywhere and the were killing the eyes i saw at least 6 26in or better caught and a lot of smaller ones i only stayed about an hour too many people crossing my line just a little too crowded for me but they were catching some nice fish.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I might have to get out there this weekend. Pulled a few at Skeeter but nothin like the big water!:B

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was up there Sun Night from 7-11pm. Made a lot of casts and had 2 get off. No one caught anything while I was there but you could see them swimming bye. Went with 2 friends and they didnt even get a bite. It is hit or miss up there and I seem to be missing. I ask around while I am there and they tell me that they caught a bundle full they day before.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
went to E72nd st tonight looking for the nite bite it was packed people everywhere and the were killing the eyes i saw at least 6 26in or better caught and a lot of smaller ones i only stayed about an hour too many people crossing my line just a little too crowded for me but they were catching some nice fish.
we were up there saturday night for 3 hours and didnt even get a hit. only seen 3 caught. will be back up there tonight I think. if the storms hold off.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Last night at the C.e.i. breakwall, One was caught and it was a monster. It was around 30" an weighed around 7-8 pounds. Then, a couple minutes later someone else caught one but lost it right when it got to the wall. Then it started raining a couple minutes later and everything shut off.

·
Registered
434 Posts
is the cei wall open now ?...
last time I stopped by there, there were telephone poles blocking
the entrance w/ CLOSED signs everywhere....?...

steely123

·
Registered
979 Posts
was down at 72nd last night and it was very spotty. was there from 8-2 and saw only a handful of fish caught. none i saw had more than one. the one's that were taken were very large. there were probably 100 folks on the first wall and horseshoe and i only saw or heard of about 6 fish. i was fishing on the third wall east and the one other fellow who was fishing there with me got one. there were folks trowling very close to the rocks (almost casting distance) and they said they were not makring much. i got one giant rock bass(the fish) and surrended three lures to the fish gods.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Steely, it was closed, but they opened it up about a month ago. They felt it was too treacherous with all of the snow and ice built up there.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
From what I gather about 72 is till the stain gets out the fish get funny till the water clears. The north west winds push mud into the bay so I hope the south winds will clear things up by the weekend. Few days with no rain should straighten it around.

·
Banned
544 Posts
...I was there last night....limited... picked up 2 off the big horse shoe, and finished with 4 off the 1st pier. the bite has been late. most activity is coming from midnight thru 3:30 am....seen a good number of fish come off the 1st pier. most guys left with 1-3 gators. seen one other guy walk out with his limit of 6...could have been more. most of the fish seen caught were 26" or better. i caught 2 smaller jacks 20-22" and the rest were 25-26" with one being 28.5".
HJ12 & 14 blue/silver w/orange belly, and HJ14 clown, worked for me.

see ya on da water...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts