close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eye surgery

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RWBlue, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Has anyone had lasik done on their eyes?

I am thinking it is time to get the eyes zapped. I have been told I am a good candidate. It is now time to find a good eye doc with a good price. The first doc I talked to wanted 5K to zap my eyes which seems a little high for me.

2. peon

peon account delete

my sister goes tomarrow for this surgery ... ill post a reply on how it goes for her...

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

My sister had it done about six years ago. She couldn't see squat without her glasses. She lives in Columbus, and found the surgeon with the best reputaion in her area. She paid 5K then.

She rants and raves about how clear her eyesight is since the surgery. She loves it.

4. I know 3 people who would say..........DO IT. I haven't heard anything bad yet. Look into it deeply though, your eye sight can't be replaced.

5. I have heard a few bad things, but they were about doctors who shouldn’t be operating, or patients that were borderline. I am and easy case (right age, good cornias, eyes are bad but not too bad).

6. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I know someone who got no improvement. He's about 42 or 43 yrs old. Paid the money and got no improvement. His doctor told him there's no guarantees. I want one, a guarantee, if no improvement...no pay. Only takes them a few minutes.
    If I was knocking down $3,000-$5,000 every 30 minutes I would give a guarantee ;)

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I would like to have it done if I can ever afford it.

8. What DOC?

9. mrfishohio

Not sure, I think it was in Cincinnati.

10. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

My wife and I have both had both eyes done.

My wife was extremely near sighted and had her's done 6 years ago and loves the results.

I was very far sighted and had one done 5 years ago, the second done 3 months ago. I no longer need to wear glasses for anything.

Our's was Dr. Was Curtin Kelly, he is not inexpensive, but I'm not looking for cheap when looking for a Dr to work on my eyes. He did John Cooper, Bobby Rahal, the list goes on

11. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Dr. Robin Beran, did my surgery 3 years ago and is one of the better known doctors to perform this surgery in the Columbus area. He is the guy you see running the infomercial on the local stations. His cost is a little higher then avg doc's , but when your talkin your eyes i dont think takin the cheap route is a good idea. his surgery also includes all follow up and if there is any correction needed down the road i believe that is covered to. you can find more out at www.columbuslaser.com .

sowbelly

12. mrfishohio

I want to have mine done too. As mentioned, it's your eyes....about the most important thing to me.

13. I had it done at The Laser Vision Institute on Ploaris Pkwy. I paid $1500 for both eyes.

I had it done in 2000. I had 20/70 in both eyes with a severe astigmatism in both eye. I now have 20/15 in both eyes 4 years later.

It took about 2 months after surgery to get the 20/15 but it's there now.

The only side effects I have are at around 11:00PM after being up a whole day, I have a hard time focusing. Also at night I see a star burst affect from bright lights like street lights and some car lights if their brights are on. I can see fine, it's not severe it's just there. This comes from the corrected area being smaller than your pupil when your pupil fully dialates like when it's very dark. The side affect is my vision a little blurry first thing in the morning until my eyes get moist. When they are dry it's a little blurry.

14. I think that is who I talked to. They now want clost to 5k to do both eyes.