Ohio Game Fishing banner
721 - 740 of 756 Posts

· 1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,218 Posts
The higher in water fish are active, the more I'm fishing downwind, to catch them. Many times it takes a faster retrieve to keep tight and yes in fast drift your time of lure in water is less. But that is overcome by fishing to fish that have not seen or sensed you coming, and those fish are super aggressive up high.
I think the least productive spot is the upwind side of boat without being able to use the swing. All those fish have seen the boat and your bait is late to the party.

Rickerd

· Registered
180 Posts
The higher in water fish are active, the more I'm fishing downwind, to catch them. Many times it takes a faster retrieve to keep tight and yes in fast drift your time of lure in water is less. But that is overcome by fishing to fish that have not seen or sensed you coming, and those fish are super aggressive up high.
I think the least productive spot is the upwind side of boat without being able to use the swing. All those fish have seen the boat and your bait is late to the party.

Rickerd
I agree upwind without the swing is toughest. You can help that position a little by timing your cast with the corner position and throwing in their area which allows almost the same amount of swing as a corner position. I always give my wife the corner and take the middle and use that method. She will usually outfish me, but just by a little. Besides that gives me a poor excuse why she does that so often. I am sure Mike would verify that she often catches more fish. Mike will catch them anywhere.

· Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #725 ·
This thread has been very quiet lately ? Maybe my fault ?
I have been doing my usual winter prep in tieing harnesses for the season.
If anyone has questions about making their own weapons let me know ? Would be glad to help out.
I also sell mine for those who would rather just buy some.
Also booking dates for the 2021 season. Still have some dates left but most weekend dates are already gone.
Capt Mike Wojo

3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
Drift and casters Eye-Keeper Charters is booking dates for the 2021 season ! Come out and experience some of the best walleye fishing in over 20 years !
Learn how to catch more fish casting !
Don't be left out !
Capt Mike Wojo 216 650 1571

Attachments

· Registered
4,153 Posts
You can jig shiver minnows. Its very affective. They are like jigging raps. Can catch all year on them
Well, only 5 mo. late...
As mentioned, Shiver minnows can be good (as well as Jigging Raps). This past season I did very well with swimbaits. We would cast, count down and retrieve through active eyes. A fairly steady retrieve seemed to be effective most days on suspended fish.

3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #730 ·
Hey drift and casters I have been bored lately and have tied a bunch of extra harnesses or can tie what you want . I tie single hook ones 26" long and double hook ones 36" long ! Both come. With quick change clevis and NO blades .$1.50 single $2.00 double hook ! Plenty of colors ! Shipping $3.00 per order or pick up free ! PM me for more info and details Capt Mike Wojo

3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #732 ·
Well Mike, I was doing some early spring cleaning with my drift/ cast boxes. I’m sure a few of your harnesses would find a home in my box of goodies! Im excited to get this year started, the boats will be in soon!
Mine are just plain ! Give me a txt or call after I get home early April

3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #740 · (Edited)
Okay my OGF drift and cast friends I hope all is well with everyone ? I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year .
Of course I am south for the winter . But still thinking about Lake Erie Walleye Fishing . Started tieing casting Harnesses already . if anyone needs any help or wants to buy some let me know ?
I am booking trips for 2022 . A charter gift certificate makes a great Christmas gift
Also check out the New Eye-Keeper Website .
eyekeepercharters.com

721 - 740 of 756 Posts