Ohio Game Fishing banner
701 - 720 of 756 Posts

· Registered
4,383 Posts
Thanks wave warrior, Thanks 68bucks, I know just what you mean, I just didn't know they were referred to as weapons
"Weapon" is specific brand or Erie dearie worm harness , branded right on the package , it's not a general term for all harnesses.......

· Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
Capt Mike.think I remember you won the captain tournament last year.I also think you have it on last Monday in July.Since Canadian water off limits was wondering that you would still have tourney but just US waters?
Last Tuesday in July 7/28 this year ! We caught fish but only one decent one that went 25" others 19 to 21" not enough big ones this year ! Oh well can't wait for next years !
Yes we fished in Ohio Since boarder is closed !

· Time to fish!
4,922 Posts
Last Tuesday in July 7/28 this year ! We caught fish but only one decent one that went 25" others 19 to 21" not enough big ones this year ! Oh well can't wait for next years !
Yes we fished in Ohio Since boarder is closed !
I will be fishing it next year. A spot finally opened up on the team. Been waiting years.

· Registered
894 Posts
I prefer the bow casting and the back two corners are really good also.In the middle of the boat on the side you are drifting toward is the least productive to cast effectively.I was on a casting charter and the guide had his bottom bouncers rod holders in that area and they did catch well.But casting straight into wind as boat drifts toward your lure is something that has not worked for me.A casting captain like you can probably make that spot work though.

· Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #717 ·
I prefer the bow casting and the back two corners are really good also.In the middle of the boat on the side you are drifting toward is the least productive to cast effectively.I was on a casting charter and the guide had his bottom bouncers rod holders in that area and they did catch well.But casting straight into wind as boat drifts toward your lure is something that has not worked for me.A casting captain like you can probably make that spot work though.
That is my spot down wind behind my seat ! I can usually catch them there ! I.can also teach a customer to fish that spot ! I remember a trip a few years back that those two spots caught. More than half of the boat limit of 42 that day !

· Registered
894 Posts
Yeah,that spot is often the captains seat.And yes.you captains learn to catch from that spot too.Good luck casting rest of season and hoping the fall bite on the rocks goes well.Even without being able to fish those Canadian reefs.

· Time to fish!
4,922 Posts
Over the years I have learned to fish every spot in the boat. I prefer the downwind side of the boat. The only thing I cant fish is when someone stops casting and starts dragging.

701 - 720 of 756 Posts