close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Extreme make-over on my boat

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by leeabu, Feb 22, 2005.

1. I completly stripped the boat. I bought a new trailer from Wrangler boats in Canal Fulton and had them ripp out the old floor and install new floor and a quality marine carpet, repair the gel coat, clean and buff the hull (They did a Great job!). New seats all around. I am currently doing the rewiring. Bought an 80 lb thrust electric for the back with a switch in the front to run it and a 40 lb foot control in the front. I have been looking for three years for an new boat but I couldn't find one I like as well as ny old one. So now my old one is my new one.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Be sure and post before and after pictures when you get a chance.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Never heard of Wrangler Boats down in Canal Fulton. What is their address and phone number? What services do they offer?

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

is your boat strictly a electric boat now?or is the transom mount removeable? Mogadore will be good to go in another 2-3weeks!!

5. My boat is a was made by Troller. When they went out of business, Wrangler bought the mold and make a Wrangler Skiff with the same mold that my Troller hull was make from. I bought my trailer from them and I know one other person who had ther floor redone by them.
    http://www.wranglerboats.com/skiff14.htm
    The 80 lb Minn Kota comes off of the back and my 9.9 hp goes on for Dale Walborn and the 10 hp limit lakes.

6. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Welcome back Larry. The boat sounds like your getting her ready for those fish at mogadore.

Best wishes,

flash--------------------------out

7. I've been here all along. I've been saving all my posts for the 2005 bass season. My avatar is one from last spring on a firetiger Rattlin Rap caught off of one of my favorite rocky humps.

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I know just which hump you are talking about, the one over by that point with the bay next to it? you know, the shallow weedy bay??? :)

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I had a 14' Troller for one of my first boats. I built a deck on the front and turned it into a bass boat. It was an extremly solid little boat that is responsible for a lot of great memories on the water.

10. I got one of the wrangler boats. Won it on Ebay last year. Stable as all get out for a little boat. Still not done trimming her exactly like I want. Parts are expensive (at least to me ) on their site. Wanted to set her up somewhat like a " crappie chaser ". All in all am well pleased with her. The little skiff makes a nice fishing platform , not like my Lund, but it only cost me a 1/4 of what the Lund cost me. Wanted it for little lakes but find myself taking it most all the time espescially when I go by my lonesome.

11. Not to step on your post Leeabu but I was looking into getting a used boat and trailer a neighbor may be putting up for sale and I would be doing an "Extreme Makeover"/customizing it and I was wondering if they make curbfeelers and spinners for boat trailers? I'm thinking of putting chrome spinner 20s on the trailer and will need to modify the wheel wells to allow room for the 20s. That will be no easy task!

12. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Talk to Shakedown. He knows how to get you some MAJOR clearance! HA!