Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a lot of positive talk around here about creeks and feeder creeks. Are these creeks that dump straight into lake Erie? the main river? or both?... Do steelhead seek the creeks out when the water in the main river is high and unfishable? What size are we talking? Methods? Could someone please enlighten me about creeks?

·
Registered
304 Posts
If there is water enough in any of the trickles they will try and go up them. In Pa. I have seen them in feeders about a yard wide at several different creeks. Look at some of the culverts below roads etc. That's the best place to look without a lot of walking.

I've never actually fished them because there was no place to fight the fish but if they are in that system hike and look for a bigger spot on the creek.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
steelhead will run up any water flowing out into erie and will go as far as they can....simple as that

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Technically everythings a feeder. Rocky, Grand, Elk, etc. all feed Lake Erie. But when people say feeder creek I think they mostly mean small tribs to bigger streams like the ones I mentioned.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
steelhead will run up any water flowing out into erie and will go as far as they can....simple as that

Yep you nailed it seen stuck in streams in pools only a few feet across

·
Fly Fishing Addict
2,023 Posts
Seem um in a ditch a few years back. B4 i even fished for um. the rivers flooded that year and my buddies creek feeds to the lake. not sure you really hook up with um tho. They jumped and ran even when we snuck up to um.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yep, feeder creeks that feed rivers. And creeks that feed Erie. Even creeks that feed feeder creeks. You'll find fish there, often steelies will spook more easily there because they can see you. These will be fishable more quickly after rain than main rivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts