close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

EXCELLENT day at Hargus 4-23

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by PoleSnatcher, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Fished a small pond from 8-9am with no luck. Then went up the road to Hargus and did EXCELLENT. Hooked about 20 fish total. My biggest was about 10" but I ended up with around 13 or 14 fish. Guy I was with, his first time at Hargus caught the rest including a 2 pounder and one that went 3-4 pounds. All in all a very good day. Smaller fish were caught on a 1/16ox Rooster Tail in Grasshopper. The bigger fish were caught on white/yellow strike king spinners with gold and silver blades.

Water was up quite a bit for hargus and vlarity depended on where you were at

2. Way to go Dave. Glad to see you get into some action. It's only the beginning now!

3. catking

catking Banned

I was just thinking the other day about this lake, I don't recall hardly any reports from Hargus. Doesn't anybody fish there? Nice going PoleSnatcher!! CATKING :)

4. Nice job at Hargus. Were you fishing from the bank? Let me know when you want to get together and take the canoe out over there.

5. Yes we were on the bank

and it was a HIKE AND A HALF :D

6. Just think of all the exercise you got.

7. had even more exercise today when we got turned around at Tar Hollow hunting shrooms

hit me up twister and we will meet up sometime and slay some

8. Did you find any shrooms? I think i'm giong to go down there tomorrow after work. If you want to hook up sometime and take the canoe out at Hargus just let me know. We need to get together over on the Darby this summer also.

9. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

You're the catking man. They have catfish tournaments there. I've been thinking of trying that out since I live so close. You can usually catch crappie , bass, and cats all at the same time and maybe hit one of those Muskies.It's worth the trip. Electric only means no maniacs in speed boats. They have a bait shop/ concession/ boat rental right at the waters edge.

10. catking

catking Banned

Thanks gonefishin' for the info. Sounds like an area I'll check out. Electric mortors only-my kind of place. THE CATKING !!! :)

11. I've fished the cat tourneys there and been skunked every time. I been stuck on the bank though. The thing I don't like about them is there is always someone there trying to cheat, they will catch a fish someplace else, tie it up on the bank and then take and weigh it in at the tournament.

Ernie runs the bait shop at the lake and the tournaments, super nice guy

12. The one time I fished that cat tourney the winner had 3 channel cats that were about 12" each. There was only 6 or 7 people out of almost 200 that had anything to weigh in. The funny thing was a guy came along throwing a spinner bait fishing for bass and he caught a channel cat that was about 8 pounds but wasnt in the tourney.

13. if only all the tournaments everyone was honest like that

I've heard of people cheating and seen one fish tied up which was cut lose

Now if Da King shows up to our little lake for a tourney the young snatch(myself) may have to take Da King to school!

14. almost forgot to teel cat, there is pretty much no fishing on the bottom at hargus unless you plan on pulling in a jungle.