close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Everyone is invited:

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BottomBouncer, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  3. Possibly interested

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. In another post I mentioned getting a few guys together for a road trip to http://wackerbaits.com/ in the Chicago area.....according to yahoo(from my house in west columbus area) it is about just over a six hour drive.

For anyone interested in carp, they seem to have what a person would need. I'm just getting into all the different rigs/tackle/etc. so I don't know all the particulars.......I know it can be as elaborate or simple, as expensive or as inexpensive as you want.

I was thinking of the first weekend of March, which would be Saturday the forth. I know that I get my taxes done as soon as I get my W-2 and have my money within a couple weeks.

I emailed wacker to get more specifics on parking, item availabity, etc. I figure we could pile in however many vehicles we need, split gas $$$ and head up there around 8am, and be there between 2 and 3pm.

I'll add a poll to this, just say yes, no or maybe. Never know, if we get enough people.......some places give little deals/perks. I've never shopped this place and will spend some $$$ regardless.....

2. Not me I'd rather order online... I don't see the benifit of going up there myself but I'd love top read the thread after you guys go...

3. this is called planing ahead - almost a year!

4. I'd like to go there just to beable to see everything before I buy......I hate ordering equipment ESPECIALLY rods and reels online.....did it once through BPS and never again......the service was not bad, I just didn't like the combo and would not have purchased if I was able to take a look first.

Yeah, I figured to plan way in advance.....never know what people might be interested and wanna know a day. Doesn't have to be this day, but sometime in that general area.

If I, for one, am looking to drop close to a grand.....I don't want my money out there somewhere and not have my gear until a few days later...

Just about seven months.......it'll go quick :) :F

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

no problems about parking around there.. plenty of them.. by that time he should have the store loaded up with stuff.. :)
    i'll go and be the navigator.. :)

6. put your vote in........

any big ones last night?

7. crappielooker

to sum it up in short.. not too bad.. net handle broke.. came home early..
    ps.. i forgot to add that you might want to check what time he closes on weekends.. i know he has a funky schedule.. altho i think that he would be glad to keep the shop open if he knows that you are coming to spend a few $$$$.. ;)

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

As AK knows Paul(owner of Wackerbaits) has a lot of stuff thats not put on his web site....many great deals can be had at the store thats not offered on-line.

I votes...YES...i have a 7 passanger van.....i know atleast 2 others that will want to go for sure.

Scott

9. That makes six of us so far.........there will be others.

10. hmnmnmn more stuff... you may now have 7

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I know a few Ohio carpers that have purchased slightly "used" carp gear from Pauls shop...these are the type of things he does not put on his web site.

Ive heard tales from a few that say when he gets shipments of stuff in and word spreads...he doesnt even have time to list them on his site because they sell out so fast.

I sure hope hes going to have a shipment in right before we head up???? AK, maybe you can try to get the low down from Paul and see when the best time to head up there as far as shipments coming in, ect.....?

Scott

12. crappielooker

yeah.. everytime i'm up there and he happens to get a shipment in, most of the time i would comeback and look to see what he have listed.. numerous times i would see nothing there.. just have to go there and find out.. then he had a bargain bin in his shop.. lotsa knick knacks in there to sift thru.. last time i saw a MMx bite alarm for $45 not sure what was wrong with it..
    plus, i know i myself likes to actually see the things before buying it.. gives me a chance to fiddle with the stuff..

13. Hopefully I get an email from him tomorrow with a little info.

We can get four in our car if needed, my gf wants to go. She's never been to Chicago.

Would anyone be interested in hitting lake Michigan for some carp? I remember seeing some nice ones washed up near some dock areas when I was younger.

14. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

You can count me in, Might take the wife along so we can go stay at Trump Tower!

15. I got an email back today, he said normal hours on Saturday our noon to four, but a lot of times they come in early and stay late. He said if there are anythings that are not on the website that we may be interested in seeing, to let him know well in advance and he will do his best to get them.

So, if you guys are looking for anything special.......lets get a list together to send. I have mine together :p ;)

16. I should be able to go. They say you can't squeeze blood out of a rock so lets see if I can squeeze some money out of my girlfriend....LOL!!! After-tax time will be sweet and I have my eye on various things.

Jake

17. So.....exactly how many people do we have?

Me & gf
    Scott
    Jake
    Big Chess & wf
    Ak
    Clyde
    ?couple people with scott?

I'll keep editing the list so I can tell Paul how many people are coming, make it worth their while to stay a little later......

I gotta go load some trucks in this hot **S weather!!!!!!!!

18. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Don't forget to join Carp Anglers Group. You can get a discount at Wacker Baits for being a member.

19. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Useless Tim, they do not want any CAG here, actions speak louder then words :(

20. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Wrong Miso. We never said we didn't want CAG here, and our actions speak that quite well.