Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody,

i don't notice a lot of posting in the central basin. i went out yesterday from wildwood and set up at about the watergate apartments and had one before i could set all the lines. decided to troll over to the chagrin river and it was very slow so i went back to the original spot and finished up the first limit pretty quick. wound up with 10 and we dropped a couple. fish were mostly those nice 20 inchers just the way i like them. big dipseys #3 80 -90 back. 30 jets 70- 90 back, 20 jet 100 back with a junior thunderstick short lip(only took one fish), and a reef runner 150 back with no weight (took a couple, one pig that got off). mostly trolled 1.5-1.8 speed, but tried up to 2.2 ish. charters seemed to be trolling faster but the slower speeds were working for me. all the fish came in 46-51 feet of water. fished mostly stingers big and small, all sizes and colors took fish but i couldn't find a pattern. i heard reports on the radio that seemed to indicate guys were taking at least a few all up and down the shore from the crib to past the chagrin. i would like to know about rocky river? pretty good for a half day starting after noon.

good luck,

pik-n-fin

·
Registered
164 Posts
pik-in-fin,

That is a great area in there... Try the deep reef runners in a little closer (25-30ft water) fish the area from the first high rise west to the other then turn around and troll back. Alot of humps and rocks in that area. Have caught nice fish into july in there....

Watch your bottom machine for marks but run atleast one crank just above bottom and tip the front hook with a piece of night crawler...

Good luck,
Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts