Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally remember to set my DVR to record the Bassmaster tournament today. Go to turn it on and watch and what do I see? Little League Softball!!! Fishing gets no respect from ESPN and if they don't want to air the tournaments they should let another channel get the rights to air it. Ok, rant is done....thanks for listening.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I did the same thing. There was another tournament on from 9:00 to 10:00 that did record. I think if you check the up coming times I think it will be replayed.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the same thing. There was another tournament on from 9:00 to 10:00 that did record. I think if you check the up coming times I think it will be replayed.
Thanks. I will check. I really wanted to see the one on the St. Lawerence. I love smallmouth fishing!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It was the Mississippi River Rumble from 9:00 to 10:00 and then they showed the St. Lawrence after that. I didn't get the St. Lawrence recorded.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Have dish network, and It recorded some type of softball game instead. bummer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would certainly rather watch a good fishing tournament than a bunch of kids playing baseball. I love baseball, I just get annoyed when people make such a big deal about just another little league game.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yeah, I have no idea why the LLWS dictates air time for a straight week. It's still on! I don't really want to watch a bunch of kids play baseball. They try to make a big deal about it and hype it up. Not really hype-able in my opinion.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Pushin' Tin
4,511 Posts
If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
We don't want to watch it. We want to watch the shows that they tell us are coming on. If your going to put "The Bassmasters" on the guide. Then play the damn bassmasters...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
50 Posts
We don't want to watch it. We want to watch the shows that they tell us are coming on. If your going to put "The Bassmasters" on the guide. Then play the damn bassmasters...

Right on !

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

CAN I GET AN AMEN????!!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
It’s really very simple, the LLWS rates ‘air time for a straight week’ because people watch it … If the ratings for any other programming were higher they would show it …

Yeah, I have no idea why the LLWS dictates air time for a straight week. It's still on! I don't really want to watch a bunch of kids play baseball. They try to make a big deal about it and hype it up. Not really hype-able in my opinion.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just for the record. It was Little League SOFTBALL that bumped Bassmasters not the actual LLWS for boys.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm not sure how the Little League World Series plays into this thread. The game that ran in the time slot that showed Bassmasters would be on, was a Jr girls softball game. It wasn't the Little League World Series. And while its true there are a lot of things on TV that are over hyped, the Little League World Series is not one of them. If you don't want to watch it, that's fine. But before you start saying something is over hyped, you may want to consider that you're posting in a thread about watching a fishing tournament........

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
llws comes down to our youngsters vs the world and you get to watch some great talent before they become hgh using crybaby cheaters. bassmasters re-aired at 10pm on dish and i dvr'd it.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
It's still on! I don't really want to watch a bunch of kids play baseball.
You would rather watch grown men fish for bass on tape delay when you can readily look online for the tourney results not a minute after the tournament is completed? The editing of those shows is comical...they make it seem like it comes right down to the last cast in damn near every tournament. One only has to look at the light/weather conditions to know that isn't how it works out...ever. They have to find a way to inject some sort of drama into it, otherwise there would be no reason to watch it.

ESPN is going to air what people want to watch. People love to watch the Little League World Series. Contrary to popular belief, the only time that viewership is high for any type of fishing on television is after the Super Bowl...i.e. February...which coincidentally happens to be when the Classic occurs...and there is nothing else on worth watching in the sports world. And even at that...in today's world of high tech everything, they still must tape delay the Classic.

Make sense to you??? No..it doesn't to me either.

BTW...set your DVR to record "The Bassmasters" every time it is on...and you'll never miss an episode.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You would rather watch grown men fish for bass on tape delay when you can readily look online for the tourney results not a minute after the tournament is completed? The editing of those shows is comical...they make it seem like it comes right down to the last cast in damn near every tournament. One only has to look at the light/weather conditions to know that isn't how it works out...ever. They have to find a way to inject some sort of drama into it, otherwise there would be no reason to watch it.

ESPN is going to air what people want to watch. People love to watch the Little League World Series. Contrary to popular belief, the only time that viewership is high for any type of fishing on television is after the Super Bowl...i.e. February...which coincidentally happens to be when the Classic occurs...and there is nothing else on worth watching in the sports world. And even at that...in today's world of high tech everything, they still must tape delay the Classic.

Make sense to you??? No..it doesn't to me either.

BTW...set your DVR to record "The Bassmasters" every time it is on...and you'll never miss an episode.
Then if they plan on showing baseball don't show it as the bassmasters that's the problem not the fact that's its on it is the fact it says bassmasters and it isn't

1 - 20 of 24 Posts