Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started in the morning perch fishing. First rods in around 6:35 or so. The weather was perfect to start the day. First spot was at the rifle range in 37 FOW. Pulled some fish, but it wasn’t fast and furious like last week so we made a couple of moves. Over to the Hospital, a few fish, and then on the other side of the rifle range and a few fish. Should have never of moved from our first spot! Stopped fishing for perch around 9:30 or so with only a dozen or so keepers to show for our effort. By this time the wind machine was starting to blow from the south, but it didn’t seem that bad.

We headed out for steelies to the tip of the rock. Really good marks and had a walleye on in no time. Thought we would tear them up good. We made two long passes with only two steelies for our efforts and about a half a dozen eyes. Pretty slow day overall. It seems like the steelie fishing was better before the wind really got crankin’. Todd got a really nice eye however, a touch over 28” and 8lbs. It had some fricken awesome color to it. When I look back at the wind from yesterday it was reading 20 knots out of the SSW, and it sure did feel like it. Solid 2-4’s with plenty of 5’s at times.

Plan to be out again next weekend.

Here is the pic of Todd’s fish

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
JD,
nice eye! I've got tentative plans to go by car over to erieau and fish with couple guys that are over their for the week. will let ya know.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. I am supposed to take my boss out next weekend, so if I want a job come Monday, we better do better then Sat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts