Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corey and I took Friday off work and fished Erieau. We were supposed to fish on Sat and Sun morning as well with Todd, but woke up to 25 knot winds out of the south and that is about the worst wind possible for that area.

On Friday we went 13 for 16 on Steelies. No real pattern. Fished 7.2 miles due south of the Harbor. Pulled fish up high and down low. Speed from 2.5 to 3.0.

Fished until about noon and then headed in to get some minnows to try perch fishing. Heard from a buddy that the rifle range was good in the morning so we figured we would give it a shot. Fished in 37 FOW and had the best perch fishing I have ever expierenced. It was up down action and we were culling/throwing back 10" fish. We kept our 25 each and weighed almost 35lbs for the bunch. Increadible.

Hope to get back out next Sat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J.D.,
Dang man!!!! those are some perch on steroids!!! great job! heard any steelie reports for wheatley area?
Wheatley is dead for Steelies. The main charter outfit, Anderson Boys, have stopped taking clients for steelies and are working on eyes only. The fish are their, they are just scattered. The weather this week looks good, maybe get the thermocline set back up again. I will be in Germany so keep me posted if you head out. We want to get out on Sat next week.

JD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts