Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinkn about going to erie 2 moro. Any of u guys ever take a smaller boat on it. I have a 16 ft deep v spectrum. Any place to catch walleye or perch without going out real far? Any info would be great. Thanx ..p.s id be willing 2 drive anywere as long as its productive.

·
Registered
651 Posts
They've been getting some good numbers of perch in 42' - 44' of water just east of wildwood. Browse the Lake Erie section on the forum and you can see everyones posts. Thats not that far out at all just pick a calmer day and you'll be fine. I have an 18' Tracker Targa deep v and it handles the lake just fine in rougher water. Just know your limits and what you feel comfortable going out in.

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
I fish it often in a 14' with a 25hp. Just have to pick your days and be aware of any weather or wind change. Be smart and respect Erie. I know one thing for sure, 60fow is a long ways out. Have caught a whole mess of fish this year in that little boat.:) Bad thing is that you have to deal with a lack of respect from some bigger boats. On the other other hand though, some of those bigger boats don't pay you much attention when you are fishing in their "spot" because they might think you don't know what you are doing:D Good perchin lately out of wildwood and rocky river. I will be out again this week sometime!:) Good luck and be safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts