Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motored out the Turtle Creek channel at10:45am. Started in 12fow and Walleyeguy immediately pulled a five pounder. Missed a couple more and then it basically died. Very slow pickin's and a lot of fish just slashing as several were hooked outside the mouth and were small males that went back to grow. The bite turned on again around 5pm in 11 to 9fow. We totaled 21 fish hooked with eleven landed and had a nice limit to show for sticking it out. Three fish in the five pound bracket, two four pounders and one 2.5 pounds. All but two of these fish were caught after 5pm. Most of the fish came on 3/8oz Vib-E, White with silver flecks and red/pink head. One on Clown and another smaller fish on a worm harness. The weather was totally wacky as the wind kept shifting direction as well as intensity. At one point we had a good supply of four footers along with the three's. Lake was laying down at 6:45pm with one to two foot waves. Was good to get out and have to work hard for the fish. :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Whow A Long Day You Guys Had..sounds Like It Was Hard Fishing But Good Ole Lk Erie Came Thru Again..great Trip.......

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
We even got a little wet on the way out to fishy land.
Had a blast,and fresh walleye fillets for dinner tonight folfs.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Good job on the eyes guys!

Carl

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey Fellas me and Alumacraftman headed out of Fenwick about 5:30....we were probably out there with you. We hit locust reef. Ended up with our limits...the wind really died..by the time we were done its was FAC out there. Not much size to the fish but it sure was good to get my first eyes of the year. we gottem all on 5/8 oz purple head/ purple & chart/ Hair w/ some green tinsel flash jigs tipped with shiners. Those fish will be gettin in my belly tonight !!:D

Mitch

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you see the slobs that ran out full bore past all the boats. They were throwing empty beer cans out. Went by too fast to get the OH numbers. Gonna watch for them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Did you have 3 guys in your boat?
The pilot had on a green over coat.?
Guy in front had on camo? :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts