Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i want to start this off by telling you guys i am fully aware of the dipsey charts out there.My question is,are there any charts for braided line out there.Or would one of you guys like to share your formula for the depth on 50 pound braid.I use 50 power pro,and the dipsey's are the small ones.Also have some new 30 jets to try,will be going out of crannberry creek sat.One last trip to erie before i leave for vegas on monday to get married.Any help would be appreciated very much,see you guys on the water i know a lot of you guys will be out there tomorrow,we will be in a 20 foot white ranger with three big guys and one little dude. :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
I use 15 pound myself because I like it to get as deep as possible with no other help and less lineout. Dipsy's have a lot of up and down movement so I don't think depth is that critical unless you're too deep.

15 pound really throws the curve off deeper. 30 pound is about right on and 50 probably runs a little high.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i use 20 pound fire line for my dipseys and it is more than durable. in my opinion, the best advise is to go find a flat sandy or mud stretch of the lake and do your own graphing. those books are really only a guidline, there are so many dynamics..... speed, current down deep, even the angle of your rod holders and depth of the boat. believe me, take a little time and just make some notes letting the line out slowly with the rod in the holder (hopefully with a line counter reel or counting wraps). you'll have so much more confidence in your spread and you'll catch a lot more fish.

good luck pik-n-fin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts