Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fishing western Erie this weekend (5/11)...??? I'm heading up Thursday- Monday to get my fix...! ;)

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
you will be all alone this weekend!!!:D havent you heard...we have a crappie tourny sat!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Where were you going to fish, Hook? I talked to Fisherman's Wharf today, and they said that they did well this morning around Niagara Reef. They were probably smaller fish than what's been hanging around the islands, though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm trying to get my 27 sportcraft in by this wednesday it still has gas in it from last fall but some more wouldnt hurt if your buying fuel i'll make sure i get it in.I dock at channel grove.
Terry

·
Registered
696 Posts
IM going to fish this weekend; Im going to fish the island area. I didnt get out the past weekend. The wind from the NE last weekend would allow the west side of the islands to be warmer. Thuderstorms are currently forecasted for Friday and Sunday so Saturday sounds like the day to make the most. The storms may complicate a crank bite so crawlers will be on board. Good Luck!

TH

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hook;

I'll be heading up Thursday myself and will be staying til either Monday or Tuesday. I'll probably be helping Smurf out on Saturday with a charter. You can't miss his boat, a Baha King Cat 34'. The other days we'll probably fish out of either his boat or mine, now that I got a bigger boat. If it's calm out, I'll try to convince him to use mine, since it's more maneuverable and would be good for locating the schools quicker. Will you be monitoring 68 or 79?

Stinger

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hook;

I'll be heading up Thursday myself and will be staying til either Monday or Tuesday. I'll probably be helping Smurf out on Saturday with a charter. You can't miss his boat, a Baha King Cat 34'. The other days we'll probably fish out of either his boat or mine, now that I got a bigger boat. If it's calm out, I'll try to convince him to use mine, since it's more maneuverable and would be good for locating the schools quicker. Will you be monitoring 68 or 79?

Stinger
I usually bounce back and forth netween the two and a couple other channels but mostly 68.
I know exactly where Papa Smurf docks his boat...and I've spoken with him on a few occasions at the table and at his dry dock area. Heck, I met you a few weeks ago right there at the Marathon...you had just picked up your new boat. ;)
I'll give you a shout on 68.

·
The Last Don
218 Posts
I will also be heading up this weekend from Cincy. Right now I will be on a Shore Nuf headboat on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. If anyone is around that area I will also be staying at the Commordore Perry right there in Fishermans Wharf. I think there is a bar there as well and if anyone stops by first one is on me (I will have an OGF shirt on). Also if anyone has a seat open on Thursday or Firday and wants to show me how to fish I would appreciate it! Good luck to all and hopefully I have the same results that I have been seeing the past couple weekends!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'll be out Sat. am close to Michigan waters also. My buddy and I are taking our 11 year old boys out. Any help from the guys that fish Thursday or Friday would be appreciated: water depths? hair jigs? harnesses?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm planning to fish this Saturday, too. I'm not sure where we'll launch just yet, but if someone has a recommendation that puts us close to the action I would certainly welcome it. We plan to arrive on Friday night and sleep on the boat so if someone can recommend a good/safe place to dock overnight so we can get out early on Saturday, that'd be a great bonus. Thanks...

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where will you be coming from...??? There's places on the west end to dock with water and electricity hookups. What size boat...???

·
Registered
655 Posts
22 foot Pursuit named 'My Pleasure.' Coming from east side of Cleveland. Have stayed at Wild Wings before but am filtering through reports and getting the feeling the better fishing has moved east from that area toward/around the islands. Water & Electricity would be a luxury...not a necessity...thanks!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Orange blades worked well for us last week. Also took fish on hammered willow blades in purple and chartruese, added a strip of orange or chart. tape to the willow blades. Gold and perch colors worked as well. Seems that purple/gold/orange were the best. Ran on in lines, 1-3 oz. 1.2 to 1.7 MPH. Most fish on bottom, ran most 50 back off boards. Majority of fish came on both inside rods w/no board. 30 to 48 FOW. Largest fish taken was 9.5#'s and a hair under 30.

West of Kelley's and North to the line east/southeast to gull and out past Kelley Island Shoal.

Saw a few net bouys out there around gull.

Heard some tackle shop talk of some getting them on spoons in the same areas, anything with gold/purple/green....

I won't be back until the second week in June, save a couple!

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
22 foot Pursuit named 'My Pleasure.' Coming from east side of Cleveland. Have stayed at Wild Wings before but am filtering through reports and getting the feeling the better fishing has moved east from that area toward/around the islands. Water & Electricity would be a luxury...not a necessity...thanks!
Fenwick marina and campground on Rt. 2 is a nice facility with docks. It's about a mile west of the range. Fish are still being caught in that area...you'll just have to go out a little further. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hook;

Just to give you a heads up. Check the wbsa website for the Camp Perry range schedule. They're going to be using both the inner and outer ranges on Friday the 11th from 0800 to 1700. Looks like we'll have to fish further out on Friday.

Stinger

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hook;

Just to give you a heads up. Check the wbsa website for the Camp Perry range schedule. They're going to be using both the inner and outer ranges on Friday the 11th from 0800 to 1700. Looks like we'll have to fish further out on Friday.

Stinger
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Hook;

Stinger
Good point. Thanks for posting that info.

When I was fishing that area the other day, Zone 1 was a 'hot zone'. There was a boat fishing inside it, and they somehow had to get the boats attention, and tell him to move out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts