Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Erie with my son and his wife today.

Beautiful day to be on the lake.

Not the fastest fishing ever, but very good. Hooked 10 walleye, landed 8. Six largest went from 7.2 lbs to 8.0.

Fun day.
Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
wheres the pctures?? i wanna see some more walleye!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mad: As soon as I learn how to size them for posting.

New camera, new buttons, new options, new problems!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
LUNDY..Thanks for the tip on lure color....worked great! Ended up with 6 hawgs...size of the fish this weekend were unreal. 5 fish was 137.5 inches for saturday and 135 inches on Sunday. See if this pic works ....doh..too large..maybe i can figure it out later.

Bowhunter

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bowhunter,

Nice to meet you Sunday.

Glad the new color choice worked for you. As I mentioned on the radio, it got hot for us real fast, while everything else that had been working shut down. It still amazes me how fast the preferences can change on that lake

Good luck with your tournament.

Hope to see you out there again,
Kim

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
What is the color? There are only eighteen million walleye out there so I don't think that secret color will catch all of them. :rolleyes: :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron,

You know that there is no secret colors on Erie, just changing preferences from day to day or even hour to hour. That is what happened Sunday, one hot spoon just went bust mid morning and another took over

All of our fish this weekend came on Boy/girl, lemon drop, metallic superman, perch, chicken wing, blueberry muffin, and confusion.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ducknut,

Just for the record, I didn't help Bowhunter find any fish, he doesn't need my help :D . He already had found them on his own

Good luck to both off you in the tourney.

Kim

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Jason.

I miss you buddy.

How's Florida life treating you?

wes told me he's coming down to fish with you soon.

take care,
Kim

·
Registered
164 Posts
Doing really good... Closing on my very first house on the 21st of June... A little scared, but everyone tells me it isn't a big deal. 30 years is a long time to make a payment!!

The fishing down here on the gulf is awesome, the sights are even better. Its pretty cool to see the bright white prop wash and spray coming off the boat when you are running... Bright blue water and being able to see fish and bottom in 50 feet of water, really cool... Biggest grouper so far was 11-12 pounds, 30 inches. It fought like a walleye on steroids, felt like the rods was going to be ripped from my hands!

Wes is coming down over 4th july, I took a couple days of much needed vacation to show him around and hopefully put a few fish in the box. Scallop season starts on July 1 so hopefully we will be able to spend a day diving for them too...

Should be a good time... If you want to take the family out for the day when you are down here let me know. I'm only about 2 hours from sanibel and I have room for 5 or 6 people on the boat.

Jason

·
TeamOGF
6,988 Posts
Hi, how are you? It is good to see you here. It sounds from your post like you are finding your "nitch" just fine. I'm glad to hear it.

Don't be a stranger, we really do miss you up here.

- Jim

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Hey Jason! Glad to see you stop in. Miss hitting the big lake with you for those marble eyes and perch. Hey, Hersh was on the news again last week. I had to use some of the stuff I sot that day last year for a story on the OGF website. Came out great. I saw him at the Eastlake show this past Spring and he was asking about the copy of the tape. LOL.

Glad to see things are working out for you down there. I have a week off the end of July, and another in November, so who knows? Maybe I could swing one of those low AirTran fares to Tampa and get over to you for a couple days and we could put a hurtin' on the grouper, then on the keg at a local watering hole. ;)

Keep checkin in buddy. Always good to hear from you.

Later,

Carl

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You two aren't going to a bar without me, you need a designated driver, or don't you remember the Port Clinton night out? :D

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
:D :confused: Why, Kim, I don't recall any great issue from whence we partook of the barley malt beverages in said municipality??? I was "bonding" with some fine fishermen from another state, just trying to make them feel at home.Hence, the cheese reference. Also, my impromtu seminar on how to construct a brushpile that's attractive to slab crappie really had the barmaid intrigued, especially when I did it using freshly cleaned chicken wing bones. It really was a work of art. I don't know what it was, but something just made me balance that motorcycle on my head. BTW, I think it was YOU that had two women fighting to see who would walk you to the van using their own umbrella! :eek:

Man, what a night. Maybe we should ALL take a Florida trip and go hook up with Jason. WHEW! What a party THAT would be!!!! :D

Carl

Lundy43123 said:
You two aren't going to a bar without me, you need a designated driver, or don't you remember the Port Clinton night out? :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
Looks like there's going to be a fish fry behind the great wall of DD
Great catch !!!
Geowol

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Guys,

I'll tell you what. If somebody twists my arm, I might be willing to make another trip to Florida to act as your designated driver and chaperone. Somebody has to make sure you guys stay out of trouble and make it home okay.

Jason,

It's just not the same on Erie without you. I miss those 30 mile trolling trips. Looking forward to coming down.

Wes

1 - 20 of 25 Posts