close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Erie SQT results?

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by cavedogg, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Just wanted to know if anybody had the results of the SQT up at Erie? The federation website hasn't posted yet and wanted to know how some guys from my club did up there. Thanks.

2. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

If your talking about the Federation tourney out of Black River....I heard they kept them in the river due to weather conditions....However they let them fish the steel wall, outside included! Heard the water wasn't that bad and ifso the steel wall can get nasty! Heard alot of guys pulled out or went to breakfast after they announced river only! Weights were WAY low, combination of green fish and river looking like choclate milk after the storms!

3. ranger487

ranger487 OhioPro Lure

I was there and Sat was great weather no waves at all, the fishing was real tough alout of sheephead. Sun we were not aloud out of the river exept to the wall that was mentioned. The river was the muddiest water I ever fished in about 1 inch visibility, I went out to the wall and fished in the 4 ft waves but could not get anything going. The winner has 11 lbs the first day and zeroed the second and still won the tournament, it only took 7 lbs out of 200 guys to make 10th place and a check that should explain how hard it was.

Mark

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I would like to congradulate A guy who fished our tournaments this year for his 4th place finish up there this past weekend . Congradulations to Mike Denny ! I hope you tear them up at the classic ! :)

5. dude! guess what happened to Denny? they recorded his day one weight of 9-7lbs as 5-7. He was all running around at the launch after 2nd day looking for his partner from 1st day to help clear the mishap up...I guess all was well. A fella from my club(Shane Stanley) had two biguns off the breakwall on day two that totaled out at 7 1/2 lbs...7th place, day 2 bigbass4.22 so he stroked a check for over a grand. There was a little clear water left on the mouth of the river which seems to be where most of the few keepers were caught. Lots of Erie ringers(at least i think their erie ringers) blanked, further proving a tough bass bite.