erie smallies

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by reelfishin, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Has anyone been to the bubble on erie yet? Had good luck last year a lil earlier than this, 3 6.5 lb smallies in one day. My wife just left me so I plan on doin a lot of fishin this weekend

2. was thinking of trying erie smallies. But I have to ask what is the bubble? I mainly launch out of wildwood.

3. Good luck trying to fish the bubble, the Coast Guard kicked us off last year. They said it is now completely closed to fishing because of the terror threat level. Luckily, they gave us a warning. One charter captain told us that the USCG is now allowed to fine people who enter the restricted area $35,000 and confiscate boats and gear. So if I were you, I would just stay away from the bubble. It was great fishing while we were there, but its not worth the risk...to me at least.

4. An area off of the nuke power plant in Perry. A bunch of tiny air bubbles come up from the bottom.

5. I had no problem fishing it last year. There were also about 10 other boats around it