Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team REBEL hit the lake Mon. morning after a long drive in some really nasty fog.We met up with FBcoach fisherman at the HAPPY HOOKER and proceded to ramp at TURTLE CREEK CAMPGROUND.Both boats headed out to the A-can area.I stared pulling keel sinkers and spinners.We had three eyes in about fifteen minutes. The action continued in spurts as we hit different pods of fish.Around 10:00 TROPHY KEVIN informed us that he had found some larger fish about a mile north of the can.We headed out that way and reset the lines.Fishing North of the can was great as we ended up up-grading half of the earlier catch.THANX KEVIN!!!:D The program was as follows,two ounce keel sinkers 27ft. back and one ounce keel sinkers 33ft. back with #four copper and gold blades at 1.3-1.6mph.Another great day on Mother Erie. Tried to get HET on the radio but had no response:T

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Larry, you forgot to mention the weight forward bite. What a day! I can't even say how many fish we caught today. After my crew finished our 18 we went in to 23 fow and threw some dark green weight forwards. For a while it was almost every other cast you hooked a fish. Our troll progrqam was any kind of spoon with some pink, and purple 75 and 50 back off 30 jets. We also hit some on Reef Runners 125 back. 1.8 to 2.0 was the magic speed for us. This entire weekens was absolutely fantastic. Larry thanks for accepting the invite for the Hogfest. We'll have a great time, and maybe better my teams last year finish.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Rebel,
I spoke to you at the ramp as you launched and was directly behind you going out of Turtle creek.
Also, I tried hailing you a couple of times on 68 during the day. Sounds like you were on the fish...I fished the same area and 24 ft. was the hot bite for me.
That fog had me somewhat hesitant to go out until I got to the marina and it seemed like it was clearing. It turned out to be an excellent morning for fishing and the weather was great.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HOOK N BOOK,I guess we have to start putting An OGF sticker on our foreheads as we launch at different access points along Mother Erie and all of the inland waterways so we know who everybody is.Glad that you also had a great day on the water.Next time introduce yourself.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
HOOK N BOOK,I guess we have to start putting An OGF sticker on our foreheads as we launch at different access points along Mother Erie and all of the inland waterways so we know who everybody is.Glad that you also had a great day on the water.Next time introduce yourself.
Roger...! Will do, now that I have an idea who you are. So, what channel do you normally monitor...?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
man you guys are making me sick with jealosy!!!!!!!!!! and i don't get that often!!!!!!!:) have'nt been up this month due to progects and $$$$$$$$$!!!! cant wait to get up there!!!!!!! rex and i are going through withdraw!!!!!!!!:) :) did i mention the progects were on the boat:D :D :B :T

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HOOK AND BOOK,usually channel 79. same as TRPHY KEVIN and REEL NAUGHTY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts