Erie Pier Night Bite ?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crittergitter, Dec 18, 2007.

1. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Anyone doing any good off Catawba or Huron Piers? I'll be staying in Port Clinton this weekend through Tuesday. What does the lake look like? Is it chocolate milk or decent clarity? I'll be bringing my husky jerks, rattletraps and cd's. Hope we get some mild temps as I hate when ice forms in the eyelet of the rod. Any information would be much appreciated.

CG

2. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

Don't know what it looks like at Catawba but I was at Metzgers marsh today and the lake was pure brown there. That pier looked pretty nasty.
    Haven't heard of any bite in a while, but you never know unless you try.
    Good Luck!

[​IMG]

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I would take some rock salt if you go. If the water is calm, try it. The bite may still be going somewhere. Haven't been up in a while due to issues at home. Lots of work to do here. Post us how you do.

4. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

I'm in Port Clinton right now, and will check out Catawba and post this evening. HTH

5. crittergitter

Well, I'm gonna give Catawba a look. It aint to cold so I'll go see if anything hangin around out there. I've got the Husky Jerks and the Countdowns ready to go.

CG

6. crittergitter

Well, Catawba has to much ice so it is not fishable. I went to Lakeside for a couple hours and there was 3 guys fishing and nobody had a bite. A big wind coming in tomorrow so that should mess it up again. I would say there won't be a bite again until hard water season if the weather cooperates.

CG