Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of waiting for the winds to die down on Erie Wednesday so I went fishing. The winds were blowing hard out of the Southwest, but I stayed close enough to shore so it wasn't too bad. I wound up in 40 fow off of Avon Point and had a good day. I probably caught 60 - 70 Perch total for the morning. I caught a couple of small Perch (8") to start and then I started pulling some really nice Perch. I kept a limit of fish in which 20 of them were 12" or better and the rest were around 11" or so. The bite was very aggressive. I even caught a couple on a Vibee when I was trying for Walleye. Hopefully I'll be able to get out on Sunday and try again.

Wes

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kim,

I'm off on Wednesday, so save a spot in the boat for me. I'll probably be out somewhere on Tuesday too. I'll see if the fish are biting off of Vermilion and maybe we can fish there when you come up.

Wes

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
That is some great perchin there Wes !! I haven't had fried perch since last years perch outing at Erie. Excellent! Let us know how it goes this week. CATKING

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
did ya get the new boat in the water....how do you like it?? husk

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan,

No, I'm still fishing out of the little boat for now. I'm getting the brakes done on my truck this weekend then I'll be good to go. The new boat is a bit heavier than the old boat, so I just wanted to make sure I could stop when I needed to. I'm hoping to take the new boat out on her maiden voyage on Tuesday.

Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts