Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friend looking for a 2 boat charter in Aug.
Either Erie,pa or dunkrik, NY

Any know charters up that way?

Matt

·
Registered
166 Posts
There are plenty.

I would highly recommend going out of Erie as opposed to Dunkirk. There tend to be more 'eyes in my opinion off Erie in late summer and the ridiculous amounts of steelhead that PA stocks results in a phenomenal mixed bag offshore fishery in August. I hope he isn't looking to go the first weekend in August though because there is a big tourney out of Erie that weekend and most charters participate.

I would HIGHLY recommend Vision Quest Charters (Capt. Pete Alex) he wrote an article in "Great Lakes Angler" magazine last month about the Erie offshore fishery and is a good friend of mine. If you get a chance to check out the magazine article, the blurbs by the magazine editor (who has fished with me and with Pete a few times) at the end will be all you need to know about his impressive resume on Lakes Erie and Ontario. He is a phenomenal captain, with two beautiful fishing machines (a 28' Tiara and a 36' Tiara), and catches boatloads of fish including a 21# King Salmon last August off Erie!

Check him out at: www.dreamsteelie.com

IF Pete is not available, I would also recommend:

Pacific Time Charters
Buckets Charters
Bomber Charters
Wolfman Charters

IF you have any other questions, feel free to PM or email me, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
for the erie pa area, i would give the nod to mr dan kelly of Buckets charters. Dan is a walleye slaying machine and has a top notch operation going on, definitly gets my vote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts