Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( A tough bite and even tougher weather conditions. Wind direction and velocity were nothing like the nearshore report indicated. Very difficult to get a good vertical presentation with the Vib-E's. Lewis and Lundy were on the water somewhere around 1pm. Walleyeguy and Shortdroft were about 1/2 hour behind them. They ended up with four walleye keepers and threw a couple back to grow. We were a little more fortunate as we limited and threw two back to get bigger. Total was fourteen fish hooked, eight landed, all but one on Vib-e's in 13fow or less and in the Locust Point Reef area. One fish was caught on a crawler harness dressed with a shiner. Hair jig produced "0". Never really saw a decent amount of activity anywhere around us. The lake layed down toward evening but the usual late bite never materialized. Saw one steelhead at the cleaning station. :cool: Will hit them again a couple times, next week and fish the area around the can's. :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Tough and slow days on the water make you a better walleye fisherman I hope.
And makes it that much nicer when you do get them to just jump into the boat.
Seams most boats out there did manage to take their fair share of fish, but all strugled to get it to happen, at least in the afternoon and evening sessions.
Water temps are starting to rise, so the bite should be moving to deeper waters and off the reefs more often.(I hope).
I going to do Lorain today instead of Locust point if the storms do not materialize for them Perch. I post up results later on tonight.

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
I was a slow bite, but still great to be out, and fun to fish with Lewis again.

I only caught five fish, 4 leagally and 1 snagged, but you know how us Vib-e fisherman are. The legal fish came on a blue/silver vib-e, the snagged on a yellow/black and he really slamed it.

Lewis almost got the "glove" but did manage to put a keeper in the boat to barely avoid it. When he shook his first fish of the day off by the boat I thought he did it on purpose because he wanted the "glove".

Kim

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Went Out W/exexec On The Good Ole Drawbridge Boat...the Wind Was A Strong South Wind....didnt See Many Fish Caught...i Managed To Land 2 An Lost 2..out Of About 30 People Only Managed 18 Fish..

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,510 Posts
It was a very tough bite.
First time in a long time that the fish had lockjaw that bad.
It was still great to get out with Lundy and fish again.Windburn and all.
You are guaranteed a good time whether the fish bite or not.
I had a rough day yesterday.I just could not keep the hooks in them.
Rolled a bunch,lost one near the surface,and finally caught a fish to avoid the Glove!
Hell,I was too nervous to fish! :D
I got to warn you guys...Lundy keeps a latex glove on board,and his other hobby is amateur Proctology! :D :D
Not really...just one of those jokes thats comes up in the middle of the fishing trip. :eek: :eek:

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
fished out in front of wild wings and then out in front of betty davis sat and sun, we only caught 1 each day. pretty windy from southwest. not many fish were being caught.

·
Registered
749 Posts
We fished Crib Friday evening. One of my buddies caught a nice 20" on the first pass, thought it was going to be a decent evening but it was not to be. I managed a 25" fish about an hour later and that was it. Went back out Saturday afternoon when the wind layed down but did not get the first bite.

Sunday we caught a few smallies off of Middle Harbor Reef and a couple of perch off lakeside, one was 13"..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts