Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Team OGF
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my dad and we went up to Lake Erie for some Walleye. We launched out of Turtle creek at 6:30am. We fished Locust Point area. We fished until 12:30 and no Walleye. I did miss 2 fish. I think our drift was too fast. I tried to slow the drift down with 2-5gallon buckets. In the morning the drift was .5mph. Then later on the wind picked up and our drift was 1.0 to .8 mph. I think it was too fast. Looking back I should have pulled the buckets in and started trolling for the big girls.

I did manage a nice 3.5lb SM Bass on a silver cicada. Its almost primetime SM Bass Fishing!

All in all, It was a great day of fishing with my Dad, reguardless of not getting into any Walleyes.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Things have slowed down quit a bit their at Locus Point.
My last 3 times out there were difficult times. You had to fish real hard and get lucky to get over a school of moving fish.
Seams the Walleyes are ready to move off the near shore areas there for a while. or Maybe??? someone (Shortdrift) already caught them all :confused:

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
My Dad and I were also out there Saturday (in front of the cooling tower) and found the bite to be very slow. However, it seems that some others had an easy time catching them according to the radio and other reports. :confused: I guess we just werent using the "hot" techniques.

I did mange to catch a couple real nice walleye on vibees.....it was AWESOME hooking up...one walleye smashed my vibee....it was great!

But it was a long day. I didnt catch any fish after the wind slowed down and turned from the south.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts