Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anybody fishing Sunday? I know that plans were started, but then died out. Still interested in getting something going.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
536 Posts
If weather/lake permits myself and a buddy will be launching out of Sherrod park. This is east of cranberry creek about 4 to 5 miles I believe. As long as the waves are closer to the 1 footers we should be there at 6a. Your more than welcome to join or if a group wants to meet at cc we can do that. I'm cheap and like the free launch .lol

Sent from my C811 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to stay closer to Toledo.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Are you looking at a wave forecast, or driving there to see the waves. I'm down if I know people will launch there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wave forcast for Sunday is 1-3 with 2-4 possible.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If weather/lake permits myself and a buddy will be launching out of Sherrod park. This is east of cranberry creek about 4 to 5 miles I believe. As long as the waves are closer to the 1 footers we should be there at 6a. Your more than welcome to join or if a group wants to meet at cc we can do that. I'm cheap and like the free launch .lol

I'd be okay with Sherrod Park - like to save $ too!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&site=cle&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=marine

Forecast has NNW winds & calling for 2-3 footers. Still deciding about coming up from Columbus. You going out in 2+? Or should I wait for 1 or less forecast?

It has been a while since I fished that area. Is the castle in between the park & CC? I remember always as a kid checking out areas "off the castle" or "off the condos". I know the castle is huge & hard to miss.

I was hoping to troll some cranks & road runners for walleye. If you go west out of Sherrod, does that put you in that area?

Sent from my KFJWI using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still deciding on sherrod park. Its 3-3 1/2 hours for me. Toledo is only 2 hours. Still deciding on waves. I think maybe after this cold front the forecast will calm a little.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm still deciding on sherrod park. Its 3-3 1/2 hours for me. Toledo is only 2 hours. Still deciding on waves. I think maybe after this cold front the forecast will calm a little.

Yeah, me too. Not much maybe 1/2 hour further for me to Vermillion vs. where we launched out by Crane Creek last time. I feel like 2-3 footers forecast means who knows what. On the other hand, we were out in similar with just a bit exercise.

All week it has been <1 footers. I do have time off the last week of August & am hoping for good weather then.

Reports sound like there's some good walleye & perch fishing off of Vermillion. I definitely want to explore. Maybe those other fellas will chime in & give us an idea if they're still on.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I live in Avon lake so I look at the actual waves before I drive out. For you guys driving further..man that's a tough call. I'd wait until we had a,more favorable forecast. Its nothing for me to drive there and turn back around because the report was wrong.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Probably a good idea. I'll watch the weather for next Friday. If not then, I may have a week open at the end of the month.

Sent from my KFJWI using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'm going to stay closer to home tomorrow. Its hard to watch the weather/ waves when you're 2 1/2 hours away.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sounds good guys. Thats one thing about us in yaks. We gotta play the waiting game some days. Ill bet Monday Tuesday will be perfect days . We will have to try and set something up soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Next 2 weekends are bad for me. Family obligations.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I am a few blocks from the lake so I can always give you a live action report as long as I am in the the area. Even if lake is to rough to fish comfortable the is always the option to fish the rivers which is usually good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am a few blocks from the lake so I can always give you a live action report as long as I am in the the area.
Sounds good! Sunday's forecast looks alright -- <10 knots / waves less than 2 feet. I am hoping to troll some cranks for close by/shallow water walleye. Your location reads Lorain but I was thinking a little further west would be better...maybe between Huron & Vermillion.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ended up doing a solo trip. Put in at Cranberry Creek in Huron. Really easy & nice drop in. East wind, albeit small, shut them off. Lot of other boats trolling but not much action. Didn't try for any perch but there was a pack that I made my way through but again, didn't see much action. Only caught a white bass & white perch trolling. Trolled east towards Vermilion past the castle & condos. Guy at the marina shop said they've been catching walleye in 21-28 ft. & good 10" perch a little further out in 32-38 ft. Less than 1/2 mile to start for walleye & maybe only a mile out for perch. Not bad at all. He charges $5 to launch & you can launch off of the beach which I pulled right up to. After loading back up, I drove on down to Sherrod Park. That looks nice too. I'm a cheapskate & would like free access but the convenience of launch & nearby fish is worth $5 to me (especially since I'm already driving 2.5 hours anyway).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts