Epoxy Question

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by triton175, Mar 14, 2008.

1. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Has anyone tried Loctite 60 min epoxy, instead of Devcon. I saw the Loctite on clearance at Target for $1.39 and thought I'd give it a shot.
    Thanks in advance,
    Brian

2. I've found that most any two part epoxy works fine as long as it's water proof.

3. some of the epoxy turns yellow when dry read the package before you buy it.

4. Try it on a old lure you don't use first and see what it happens. Let us know how it turn's out, that's a good price.

5. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I find it a little to slow to dry. Try it but I had some that turned yellow afterwhile though. I am using 5 min for fixating eyes then I use 20 min finish coat with a brush and give a nice shiny finish. Look into getting them 4 oz. bottle used for rod building that is all I am using now. Got tired of to much waste with a syringe applicator. I also mix the the epoxy on a white printer paper to minimize color bleaching.

6. I didn't like the Loctite either. Too thick for my useage & as previously stated, too slow to dry. I'll stick with Devcon.
    Mike

7. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

You were right. Package says it dries "translucent yellow". I'll pass on this one and stick with the Devcon.

Brian