close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Enough "doom And Gloom/hello Spring

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrphish42, Mar 13, 2008.

1. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

OK.........we all know the "GAS" thing has taken over and lord knows we need to vent ( truth being) ) it wont change the price we pay....... This isn't about that,..........sit back......chill-out........take a deep breath and tell us what cranks you totally up about spring...."WE WILL ALL FISH THIS YEAR"......Maybe a couple of trips less........But it will happen.... So does....getting your boat ready........cleaning tackle.......conversations, with buddies...... planning a trip........that big spring "SALE" at your favorite tackle shop...........or just "DAY DREAMING".........start the WHEELS OF SPRING TURNING IN YOUR HEAD........you know,kind of the spring sap starting to flow in the sugar maples........IT takes something to get it going.... FOR ME....... JUST THE CHANGE OF THE CLOCK( longer days-more light ) FLIPS MY SWITCH. ................SO TELL US, WHAT GETS IT FOR YOU..............

2. Great post!.... And today the Sun shining, the snow is melting around the boat!!! Sport'sman show is this weekend..... Spring baseball in on and it s getting dark later and later...

I'm a good mood !!!

Thank you!

Frank

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

all the above:D

actually,being cooped up for so long this winter,it takes very little to get me in the mood.
    just getting outside in the fresh air and sunshine is a boost.
    yesterday,after a doctor appointment,i met up with crittergitter for lunch and bought a couple more "must have" rods from him.of course the conversation was fishing:D
    afterward i couldn't stand the thought of going back to that dreary apartment while the sun was still shining,so i spent the rest of the day out in the "country",soaking up all that sunshine i could.
    today i'll be back outside sorting tackle,playing with new rods/reels and deciding when/where my first trip will be:)

4. everyones right it doesnt take much, for me it all starts with the sun warm rays on my face, than the sound of plunk..the sound of a bait hitting the water, hearing a few birds, and hearing the crack of a bat...i'm ready to go out & open up the camper for the summer, with big warm fires & a few cold brews, with alittle April Hobo Stew over an open fire...Yep Spring is on it's way.....

5. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

I'll be in my 14ft. V-bottom bassin some shallow waters in Perry County this afternoon. Or I'll be fishin a farm pond a few miles from the house. Either way... I'm fishing today!!!!!

6. mrphish42

OK........Bassmastermjb..........your lurking out out there somewhere, "MAKE MY DAY"...........Dont just enjoy the view.......(you know what I mean)....out over the LAKE...... come share......we'll enjoy your in-put.............Jon Sr.

7. Every Nov. just after I put the boat away for the winter, I fill two grain bags with sand to put over the axel in my pickup for winter traction. In the spring I usually get the boat back out about a week or two after I take the sand out. Well it came out yesterday. Its about time, I don't think I could sort my tackle one more time.

8. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Well typically I only get the boat out of storage when I'm fairly certain the worst is behind us. (I just know...) Then I proceed to clean, prep. and add/install all the accessories I've purchased over winter. All while sucking down a few Coronas listening to something like Jimmy Buffet to put me in the "warm weather" mood. :D

9. I am so ready I will be up NW and going after eyes, NE going after a few more chrome, and with any luck hit the OR for some wipers.

10. The extra daylight gets it going for me too...when I get off of work I don't feel the need to hit the couch for hours on end!

It would be impossible for me to do anything else with my tackle...aside from plastering soft plastics in every room of the house like wall paper! 1 more trip to Land Big Fish for my E21 Carrot Stick, some more line and a few odds and ends...I'm beyond ready to go!

11. They say the sun draws.....Well it must I sat on the deck for an hour or so....snelled a dozen hooks sucked up the rays.....made me feel better...the boat is sitting there with the winter cover.. not for long ....got my tackle bags sorted...go away snow WB is calling...
    :F GOOD FISHING GUYS:F

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  12. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I will soon be making my first foray into the woods in search of Morels!!
    We all will soon be hearing the awesome sound of the Spring Peepers which really gets me fired up.
    There is a certain bird that I always hear when I'm in the woods hunting mushrooms, I simply call it the mushroom bird, I heard it singing the other day while fishing a central Ohio spillway, right after I nailed my first Fish Ohio saugeye of the year!

13. mrphish42

mushroomman........con-grats on the "FISH-OHIO",great way to get your season going ..........besides, stories like your's also help me feel light-hearted and make life a somewhat better place to be, hearing about what other get out of their experiences outdoors......Sharing and being heard by others that only want to listen.......enjoy...........feel......... what you have to say ..........is part of what life is about..........we all like to be just HEARD and not criticized at times in our lives.......Thanks for SHARING......Jon Sr.

14. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

And there are a couple things to add.
    Thanks to the friend that called me to let me know the fish were biting.
    Thanks to the friend that was there to net the fish for me.
    Thanks to the "mushroom bird" for his song, it made the day that much more special.
    And last but not least...Thanks to you for starting this thread.
    Spring truly is "just around the corner"