close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Englewood reserve (stillwater)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by kingfisher, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Just wondering if anyone here's ever fished englewood reserve where the stillwater river's dammed up. I was thinking that i'd try it for crappie sometime and was hoping you guys could give me some tips or let me knoe if there's even any crappie in there.
    Thanks

2. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

I've fished the reserve many times because i live in englewood. On the southside where Aullwood is there is a small waterfall. You can catch crappie there on the bottom with minnows and u can catch then on a rooster tail. Then if you walk the path towards the dam you will see the fence line. Right next to the fence line will be a large mass of rocks on the side of the hill. In this spot the water whips around then swirls in front of the rocks. One day i got bored and decided to walk out there with a sein net. It is about chest deep. (im 6'5") We caught multiple large crappie in the net. So i came back the next day and caught some large Crappie. The dam is a lot better for Catfish and Saugeye tho. Fishing for Crappie you will catch largemouth. I kno some more spots on the otherside of the dam for crappie and catfish. Just let me kno if u want to know them

Nate

3. Thanks pendog,
    Just to clarify,you do fish above above the dam for crappies, right? Also, do you catch the crappies this time of year or should i wait til it warms up a bit? I would like to know a couple more spots for crappie, bass or even saugeye if u r willing to give them that'd be great.

4. WOW saugeye @ the englewood dam. i would like to know where you are fishing. hay why dont you PM me w/ your # so we can talk. i live in vandalia.

5. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Crappie are hitting now i went last sat. and caught some nice fish. But wait until the river goes down and i'll send you pics of the spots.

6. Thats great there hitting now but im sure the place it really flooded after the huge rain we had, i'll probly have to wait to next week to fish it. If you go by there let me know how it looks.