Englewood Metro or no?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by HuberCatman, Jun 2, 2008.

1. I've been looking around dayton on satelite maps and I found a little body of water I didn't know existed. It is a pond that sits just off of Wenger road right off of 48 in Englewood. Its back where you can drop off your compost and there is a german (?) club back there by the river.

Anyone fished it and is it worth investigating?

2. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Used to be stocked but it depends on the river flooding to keep fish in it now,Lots of crappies like most other stillwater gravel pits,TC1

3. Byg

Byg

There is no pond there...LOL actually decent fishing ...

4. Lol.. was that your "there's no man behind the curtain" trick?

I'll have to go out and do a walkabout and see what access points there are. I just did a drive by and a scan on the satellite images.

5. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

Yes, there are some good bass in there - i think someone posted about some recently. Fortunately, the park district put in some parking at the end of Wenger Rd a couple years back, its a pretty place.

6. Byg

Byg

Its kinda weird, becuase the city of Englewood actually claims ownership.They like to kick ya out after dark. But metro put the bike paths in..There are no signs telling you that it closes at dark, but they will throw you out..I was there one evening and a guy with 2 little kids were cooking hot dogs and fishing not bothering a soul,they made everyone leave.
    POND NAZI'S LOL

7. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

I used to park at a cul-de-sac, a little north of there, to hike in (before the parking lot was put in.) You might be able to park there and not get run out.

I volunteered with the Scouts a couple years back, started a bluebird trail with 10 boxes at the park. Now there are only six, four were either vandalized or retrieved by former scouts who helped build them, i dunno. I moved up here to Troy 4 years ago, not as easy to monitor them now, but I've gotten tree swallows and some bluebirds to nest.

Before the lot was built, i parked at the tool shop on end of Wenger rd, folks there were unhappy with fisherman cutting through, said they left alot of trash.

8. I know those ponds. Man are they deep. They use to be paylakes, then the city of Englewood took em over. When you drive down the road there is an indoor soccer place and a church down at the end of the road. Back in the day you had to walk down a steep hill just to get to the ponds.

Theres some big cats in there. They love crappie and big gills.

As you go down the road, you turn left next to a building and it takes you right down to the lakes.