Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to wrap my engine power cables and control lines in a flexible, corrugated plastic covering so they are better protected and so I have less chance of snagging them with a lure or the net. I have seen it used on many factory rigged units, but I haven't been able to locate any in my searches. Does anyone know where I can get the material for this? I will cut a slice lengthwise in the tubing, slide it around my cables, then use wire ties to close it up. That way I won't have to disconnect all of the cables and feed them through. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,427 Posts
Great idea Brian, If you find it fill me in. I've been planning the same thing. I'll check a few contact and see what I can find.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Sounds like pipe insulation would work. There is both, slit and not slit. A 6 ft. length costs about a buck and a half.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
auto parts stores,walmart,andersons,lowes.it comes in different diameters,but i don't know if any of those places have the diameter you might need.i just got some 3/8 or 1/2 inch at walmart for 2-3 bucks per 6 foot section.
andersons might have the larger stuff,as well as auto parts stores.

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this is the stuff you are looking for - you can order it from McMaster-Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/

If you don't like this, search for cable covers and you'll find more types.
Thanks...this is what I was thinking about...not exactly the same, but I think this will work, especially since it is pre-slit...that alone should allow me to retain all of my digits! :D

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
fugarwi7, once you put the sleeve on, turn it split side down and a few wraps of good electrical tape on each end to hold it in place. This will allow any water that gets in to drain out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts