End Of Season Clearance!!!

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by Rowhunter, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Who am I kidding, this lurebuilding season never end's for me!
    Here are a few out of my shop recently.The first one is a diving swimmer in black, epoxy coated, then dulled to a satin finish. The next pic are a pair of swimmer's , one being my version of an old Husky Musky circa 1922. Then we have my problem child in the paint booth, the jointed Gill/Crappie. I had to stop painting this one it was getting too thick! And finally just a re-paint on a Salmo Whitefish. Any comment's, question's, or recommendation's on a good therapist welcome. LOL

Douglas

Attached Files:

2. Doug,

I really like those swimmers....the Husky Musky is very cool, you even got the old style paint job down...and the eye on that other one is awesome. I have been using glass eyes for a while now and love how they can be custom painted. Great Job! Your baits are always inspiring.

Rod

3. I can't tell you how much I always look forward to seeing your latest work, Rowhunter.

I like the idea that you've looked back in time for inspiration too.

Those are just fantastic works of art..the eyes and the fins are just amazing.

4. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Love the fin on the whitefish.

5. Doug- I wish I could convince my head to do colors like these, so natural, so refreshing to see. Great work pete

NINE MORE DAYS TO BLAST OFF

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. Dar3

Dar3

all I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D3

7. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Those look like a few in my tackle box...it is probably a tragedy I don't use them like I used to...(a victim of gotta get new ones every season)...you have inspired me to take them out and get them ready for this season...nice job!

8. Thanks alot guy's , your comment's are appreciated. I recently found myself wandering through an antique lure website in amazement. Beautiful wooden, wire through jem's dating back to the early 1900's.Wow!!! I even saw a 7" moulded rubber minnow with full detail ,scales, gill's and fin's specifically targeting Musky dated 1890!!! Not being a collector, I thought I'd try and craft a few just for fun. Here's a jointed one I wired up this morning with "Old School" paint. Also, 2 minnow's and a shad. I may have posted the minnow's before but the shad is new. I had to make the shad because the "Shad Master" ,wouldn't send me one! Just kidding Vince,LOL!

Douglas

Attached Files:

9. Doug,

That is the exact color on one of my antique Pikies I have in a case on my wall in my office. I am not kidding, that is the color to a tee.....awesome....that looks like fun to do, you have inspired me again, I am going to have to copy a few myself. Great job and keep them coming.

Rod