close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

email problem

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by CPTN.CROWN, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Ive got office 2003 and when I get email's the time stamp is 1 hour off. When i look up the properties it shows the correct time sent. But my inbox shows it was sent 1 hour earlier. Any ideas on how i can fix this?

Thanks

Jason

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Is your system time right on?

Also, it could be your email server's time is off. What mail service you usin, and are they in the same time zone as us?

3. Shake hopefully hit it on one of his list. Another one is to check whether your system is set to automatically adjust for daylight savings time. If it doesn't adjust it will make you an hour off. I had a user the other day with that problem.

4. Im running off the company server. But im the only one having the problem. I work from home and use road runner to access. My clocks are accurate. Ive checked almost everything i could think of. My rr email time is accurate. Like I said when i look at the properties of the email it shows the correct time, in my inbox it shows 1 hour behind :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. It sure sounds to me like you are either set in a different time zone or the daylight savings is not set. Beyond that nothing in particular comes to mind.:confused:

6. When i click the daylight savings in time zones it makes it 2 hour wrong, because it would going back another hour.

I guess i dont understand why the properties of the email show it was sent at the correct time but comes up wrong.

7. You may have to change your clock time after changing the daylight savings time flag.

8. I just sent myself an email my time stamp shows i got it at 4:22 yet the server says

received: from jason by ofg-exchange.Ohio-Financial.local with Microsoft SMTPSVC
    Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:23:05 -0400(5:22 for those not fimiliar with military time)
    From: "Jason R. Holbrook" <jholbrook@ohiofinancialgroup.com>
    To: <jholbrook@ohiofinancialgroup.com>
    Subject:
    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:22:51 -0500

9. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

Your time zone settings are off. It should say:

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:23:05 -0500

double click your time in the bottom right of your task bar and click the second tab (time zones). Select (GMT -05:00) Eastern Time

10. That is what my time zone is set on. The times on my pc are accurate. Its the time stamp on the email that is wrong. If you would of looked at my previous post you will see that the time on my pc is

received: from jason by ofg-exchange.Ohio-Financial.local with Microsoft SMTPSVC
    Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:23:05 -0400(5:22 for those not fimiliar with military time)
    To:
    Subject:
    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:22:51 -0500

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015