Elet. knifes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tubuzz2, Apr 28, 2008.

1. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

I bought a knife this spring and I have had to take it back twice. Which one does everyone recommend.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that question should get you a bunch of different answers,LOL.so here's the one i use.anglers best model 56003OH.has carry case,two sets of blades,cordless,charges in two hours and runs for almost an hour on a charge.about $65-70 bucks,but i got mine for $35 a few years ago.
    there are also several other good ones out there,which others can reccomend.cordless,corded.

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I like my mister twister. It has been running for over 20 years now.

4. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Green and yellow Mister Twister, my knife has carved up 1000's of walleye and to many perch to count, I've been trying to destroy it and it still keeps going saws through heads and 10 pound walleye like butter. Don't buy anything else Jeff.

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

im going to get another one too. my rapala one has lost its power. runs fine until you bear down to cut thru bones, then it really slows/stops. it has probably cleaned over 600 or more walleye in the last few years, maybe its just tired.lol.:) mister twister.humm

6. 2CatchEyes

2CatchEyes Lund 2075 Tyee

I stripped the gears out of 2 rapalas last spring & summer cutting through the rib cages on larger walleye. I spoke with a couple of guy's at the fish cleaning station and they had burn't up several as well over the years, but found that American Angler made one with a metal transmission. I bought one at cabela's last summer and have been using it ever since. No problems so far and it does have more power than the rapala's did. I only use 110 volt so I can't speak to the cordless. The only drawback is the blades that come with it, they give you two set of blades, but when you cut the meat off of the skin, they want to grab into the skin and hang up. My old rapala blades will work in it and I have been using them and they have been working perfectly. If you buy one make sure it is the metal transmission (mt3), because they make others that don't have the metal gears.

7. ErieAngler

ErieAngler Still Deadly w/ The Net

I recommend the rapala corded...do not buy a battery powered. The cord model gives you (3) power options. I've cleaned hundreds of walleyes and steelhead with this thing and at times have run it for hours without skipping a beat.

8. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

I've smoked two Rapala knives, littleraly smoked them where you can see smoke coming out of them, they make great baits but that's it.

9. Mister twister, is the only knife that has held up for me, Gander mtn has them for 25.00. The rapala model I tried didnt last through one box of Erie eyes, the thing got so hot you couldnt hold it in your hand.

10. A buddy of mine has a cordless rapala one and it's a POS. 2 batteries didn't last through a steelhead last weekend. The blades were sharp but no power.

11. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

either the B&D Slim Line or the American Angler is the only two I have tried and both have worked great on a ton of Crappie.

12. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

13. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

yesterday i used the mister twister knife i got at gander last week for 20 bucks(their $25, but i had a coupon). i have a rapala corded one too, but after much heavy use, it's tired and i put it to bed. i got the mister twister because of this thread or maybe another on electric knifes and everyone recommending mr.t's. this baby has lots of power, BUT...i dont like the handle and the blade needs to be pointed. when my hand got a little damp the knife was hard to hold on to and i had to go very slow skinning the fish, if i didnt i would leave about 1/4" of meat on the skin or cut thru it. the rapala is about 20 bucks more so you can get 2 knifes for one buying the mr.twister. guess i will wait until i wear this one out and check the new threads on electric knifes. i do like the rapala better, but it is more money.

14. bass

bass EAT SLEEP FISH

This post should be moved

15. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I agree. When I was in my teens, I worked at Mikes Taxidermy when it was next to the old Pier 1 baitshop in Port Clinton. Thats the only knife we used, and we cut thousands of fish with them, and they held up great. I took a lot to smoke one of those.;)

16. This is what my father has done, for as long as I can remember.

17. ALWAYSNETIN

ALWAYSNETIN CAPT. TONY

I Use Black & Deckers Cut Hundreds Of Fish With Em Every Year They Usually Last 2 To 3 Years By Em At Walmart For 10.00 Bucks By The Sets Of 4 So I Dont Go Back Often But When They Break Put Em Back In The Box And Return Em For A New 1

18. bass

bass EAT SLEEP FISH

This post needs to be moved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. this post should be moved??????? What why whats wrong?