close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electric

Discussion in 'OGF Member Service Directory' started by HookUpFishOn, Aug 3, 2007.

1. HookUpFishOn

HookUpFishOn

0   0   0

I am an electrician's apprentice. I am very comfortable doing most residential jobs(lights, recepticles, breaker panels, etc.) and will back up my work with warranties. Low rates, free estimates. Dayton area. PM me with any questions/requests.

Thanks!

2. boonecreek

boonecreek

0   0   0

i,ll keep my eyes open for u

3. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

Wish you were closer. I need to have some stuff looked at for a project I want to do.

4. Chucky

Chucky

0   0   0

So could I. I got a breaker that keeps popping when my daughter turns on the hair dryer while the wife irons or visversa.

5. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

Looks like you have that breaker maxed :D

If you find someone let me know. I'm trying to put in a small workshop in my basement and want to have my breaker box updated (it's old) and was thinking about running a new line down to the shop.

6. Skarfer

Skarfer

0   0   0

Nick - it's really not all that hard to do yourself. I really only know enough to hurt myself and did it all without any problems. Just so you know, electrical work scares the crap outta me too!!

When I finished my basement, I ran all new lines for the can lights, seperated the existing lights, added switches (5), ran a new (dedicated) line for the sump and put in new breakers -plus ran all the outlets (like 9) and put in a special plug for the tanning bed.

7. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

I'm not worried about adding switches or lights. Swapping out the box and adding a new feed to the workshop is my concern. I don't even have a problem with that really besides routing the new line to the shop. I have a buddy that works for the electric company that can come out and shut off power from the meter so I don't have to worry about zapping myself.

It's just getting the work done in a timely matter and without destroying my finished basement that frightens me a bit :D

8. Chucky

Chucky

0   0   0

I don't know what I put on it to max it? lol We built the house and it never did it before. Can the breakers get weak? I use to plug in the semi into that same line. Them block heaters draw some amps.

9. NickRummy

NickRummy

0   0   0

Hmmm that is strange. I have no idea.

10. FishlessAgain

FishlessAgain One Major Lurker

0   0   0

I have seen breakers not hold after they get older, its not common but I have seen it. If they are using the iron and hair dryer at the same time you are probably overloading the circuit if its wired to a 20 amp breaker.

A clothes iron draws about 9 amps.
    A hair dryer draws about 10 amps.